A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic The Hedgehog: Mecha Madness [Progress test]

Don't worry. Supersonic boxes are only for Debug. That glitch doesnt exist when you transform how you're supposed to.

Also, yes. Each shield has a shield jump move. Stun Spore, Fire dash, Lightning Jump, Bubble Bounce, Tornado Twist, Rock Smash and Teleport.

Hey streak I just noticed something, Remmeber in the earlier builds of MM? Why can't you charge you're sheilds anymore? Plus all I could do to the enemy was not much :P.

There's no more charging. The movesets are all different. You do little damage because you guys keep forgetting that you have to LEVEL. Falcon Punch has the potential at lv 30 of hitting a critical of 9999[as Super Sonic].

It's kinda confusing for me with all the attacks :P. Maybe you could make a tutorial zone to get the players farmilier with the controls and maybe that could also be a excuse to use you're rpg text system.

May be a disappointment, but I would rather see it show off its potential rather than make it obvious what hurdles are left to overcome. Keep up the good work, I'm willing to wait at least. I liked this mod for having a bold concept that no other fangames really tried, and I was afraid I'd have to write this one off as another fangame that never made it. :ssmile:

Mecha Sonic looks really cool by the way. Maybe the silver metal should be just a tad more shiny, but it probably won't make a difference if your intention is to make tiny sprites out of the render.

Try darkening the blue area again, and work on giving the belly a little shine... the rest looks about right. Try to make it silver rather than off-gray... you can do that by exaggerating the highlights in the gray regions and distributing them a tad more evenly. Play it by feel, you'll know when you've struck a balance. :scool:

I see, well then I guess just focus on exaggerating the shine on the silver parts until you're happy with it. Light or dark, the shine is what makes silver different from gray. That's just a nitpick though, once its turned into a sprite, it won't make too much of a difference anyway.

Any chance we'll be seeing Super Mecha Sonic too, or are is that something we have to find out? Honestly, that's the thing about Mecha Sonic that makes him stand out in my memory... so that's just me.

Is he a boss or is he part of that partner system I think I saw floating around this project a while back?