A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic XG Is Here.

Sir Euan

OK felik...

It is the best demo eva!!!!111one :)

I really enjoyed it, but there are some things you should fix.

=)

PLOT There are multiple plotholes in the demo.

Why didn't SOnic kick Metal's ass if he had all the 7 chaos emeralds?

Where did they go between doom's day and final fall? I havent seen sonic loosing them.

Sonic does not have the emeralds, they've been stored in the hidden palace since mushroom hill, remember? Also if knuckles can outpunch super sonic in sonic 3, metal sonic can laser attack normal sonic here, =)

How did sonic manage to get to the angel island after tails' plane crashing. Angel island is far in the dackground from sonic and sonic would fall into the ocean because he can't fly.

OK, IT'S A GAME, and well, the camera could have panned out for all you know or maybe wind blew them there, or, maybe IT'S STILL just a game =P

When did angel island lit to break into several peaces before death egg grashed into it? I don't think that 6 eggman's small rocket missles could do it.

Why this islands in the background in final fall are already flying even before angel island's breaking.

in act 1 you start seeing debris falling down from the death egg, go figure!

Also, well, If i must make it "logical" for their to be floating bits, nevermind the fact its on the FLOATING island =/ (also, remember sky sanctuary? Explain that dear ;D)

This area of the island is in such close proximity to hidden palace, where the emeralds are stored, that the floating power radiating through the island is more instense, and has distored the landscape of the area, also it just looks cool!

So, uh...that's how the island's flying without the Master Emerald? :P Just so you know, Sky Sanctuary is supposed to be seperate from the island and floats on its' own. At least that's how I understood it when Iizuka explained it. Also, the island being shattered before the Death Egg crashes and explodes seems a bit silly; I mean the damn hunk of earth crashed to the ground twice in SA1 and took it fine...

And,

Would you three object to still releasing seperate versions of XG and Retro, as they were originally supposed to appear, at some point? Or for that matter, divulge anything more insightful than cryptic clues about what the end result of mashing the games together is gonna be? Like Shadix i'm far from having enough faith in this to wait for the next release in god-knows-when to find out and it might help.

Edit: ...I can't turn off the smilies when editing here? duh. This place needs working strikeout tags, but that's vBulletin...

Sonic does not have the emeralds, they've been stored in the hidden palace since mushroom hill, remember?

No, he do have them, because we've seen SUPER Sonic despite Hyper Sonic, so that mean that the emeralds are still with him. Just replace him with hyper Sonic

OK, IT'S A GAME, and well, the camera could have panned out for all you know or maybe wind blew them there, or, maybe IT'S STILL just a game =P

Oh you are right, I remember how Sonic "teleports" to the background between acts.

P.S. Before Sonic's visit to angel island after doom's day it was swimming, not floating.

It's real. But how do you know that for sure? We haven't seen anything but a teaser logo for the new, merged project. I mean, I'm a Sonic XG fan, but I'm not going to say something is that great when I know absolutely nothing about it.

I disagree. They didn't compliment each other much at all. The projects were being made on entirely different angles with completely different art direction, Retro being more action-centered with XG being more presentation-centered, and with a generally different atmosphere. I do agree that mixing random projects is retarded, but the reason it works here is because Taxman and Euan are on a friendly basis, not because of some bullshit synergy concept between the projects.

Hey, there is one way Sonic XG could get better than this (Besides adding Retro Sonic). Here goes... Retro Sonic XG Nexus Rift 4, the combination of Sonic XG, Retro Sonic, Sonic Nexus, Sonic Rift, and Sonic 4 (by Spike). Greatest game ever. :P

You kick some ass, my friend.

Midiman: Screw you.