A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

SSBB Blog: Update Discussion

So...are the stages going have more than 3 platforms yet?

More like: are they going to be asymmetrical yet? Most of the stages are either varients of Final Destination or Mute City varients. Where's my bastard of a Hyrule Temple? My Great Fox?

At least tourneydorks have to start dealing with the fact that stages are going to be dynamic.

Mute City varients.

Delfino Plaza, Lylat Cruise, hell...Yoshi's Island could be considered ones, since it changes the atmosphere via weather.

The stages look nice graphically and pack a punch when it comes to representing their respective game, but barebones...they're all the same (and look lame).

Delfino Plaza, Lylat Cruise, hell...Yoshi's Island could be considered ones, since it changes the atmosphere via weather.

The stages look nice graphically and pack a punch when it comes to representing their respective game, but barebones...they're all the same (and look lame).

Don't forget the Meta Knight stage from the first trailer.

They all have their own gimmicks.

Plaza stage - You take a tour around the city and stop in various places, kind of like Mute City i guess but a bit more diverse in terrain.

Starfox stage - lots of environmental hazards. Im guessing lasers will shoot at you, asteroids will force you to move to parts of the stage, and when you enter the atmosphere it'll blow you off the stage somehow.

rest of them i dunno.

IIRC, the SD slot should provide a multitude of services; it can be used to play MP3s, show pictures, save games, transfer your Wii's settings (for if your Wii needs to be sent to Nintendo or replaced or something) etc. Wii has built in Memory, and SD basically expands it, which would be what an HDD would essentially be doing, aside from maybe a few other tasks.

I already use an SD card for my MP3 player, and for transfering some files from my family desktop to the laptop, and I know a lot of other people who use them, so it's a pretty convienient to have one if you have the devices to use it.

Plus, ATM, an HDD is kinda useless. I'm guessing if they did release one, it'd be as successful as the PS2 HDD.

But see the Wii is a much more able system to support the genre of games that would use a Harddrive, mainly MMOs or games with downloadable content. Im sure its been established that the Wiimote can act as a kind of pointer. I dont know who would want to play a Point-click MMO on their Wii, but still.

Say we get (not happining, i know) a Zelda MMORPG, and they want to expand on Hyrule and incorporate new duengons. Instead of buying a new disk, we can just buy the expansion download stright off your wii Via Wii Points.

Xbox live-ish, but very possible. Also very smart.

SD cards are okay though. I always liked being able to bring my memory over to a friends house instead of lugging around a 50 pound Xbox.

But see the Wii is a much more able system to support the genre of games that would use a Harddrive, mainly MMOs

Remember, we're talking about a system gimped by friend codes.

Also, MMOs don't have to be point and click >_>

Wii's online features won't evolve much further beyond random WiFi battles, friend codes, Virtual Console, and the confirmed original games shop (new info on that at E3)

Remember, Wii's primary multiplayer focus revolves around the living room. Pokemon launched, and Nintendo hasn't so much as advertized that it's the first Wii game to go online.