A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

SSBB Blog: Update Discussion

Heh, yea, when Wario first showed up and farted I really didn't think twice about it, but seeing him in the gameplay footage and now reading his special moves, he seems to be a real unique character. The good kind of unique.

I'd rather beat up Yoshi or DK or Bowser than beat up that lamer. He looks ugly, ounds annoying, and now he's going around all "hay guyz i fart". The Brawl trailer was great until that groaner.

thats why.

His face annoys me, hes short and fat, and he farts on you.

If they went with his "i bomb through rocks" look i would hate him alot less, but when my Dual-wielding pit vs tightsuit beamsword samus fight was interruped by a effing fart, i was angry.

No, because I refuse to play a single round with him. I'll just ban him from my dorm and avoid you on WiFi XP

Just for that i believe ive been given a reason to spam wario. If Online mode exists, i will kick your ass with wario just to piss you off.

although i can see many stragetys of wario depending on running away from everyone until u can run in and bomb them.

Hmm... I don't know if this has been thought already, but:

Each of the posts has an icon depending on the franchise involved. The URL is on the form:

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/images/icon/world_Y_XX.gif

Where Y is either "b" (Black) or "w" (White), for the background color, and XX is a two digit number, obviously. The icons that have already been shown are:

01:world_w_01.gif 03:world_w_03.gif 04:world_w_04.gif 06:world_w_06.gif 08:world_w_08.gif 09:world_w_09.gif 10:world_w_10.gif 11:world_w_11.gif 16:world_w_16.gif 18:world_w_18.gif

01:world_b_01.gif 03:world_b_03.gif 04:world_b_04.gif 06:world_b_06.gif 08:world_b_08.gif 09:world_b_09.gif 10:world_b_10.gif 11:world_b_11.gif 11:world_b_16.gif 18:world_b_18.gif

Notice the numbers 2, 5, 7, 12, 13, 14, 15 and 17 are missing, and even if you try replacing them in the URL, you will only get 404s.

What we can infer from this:

• There are at least 8 more franchises involved (Metal Gear Solid included).
  • Nintendo has already prepared all the icons beforehand.
  • They're not stupid enough to upload them already, so we can find out what the franchises are.
  • They have ABSOLUTELY no consistency on dealing with transparency.

Nintendo has already prepared all the icons beforehand.

Could be they just know the number of franchises and the order they're in (and therefore probably know the characters) beforehand, at least to an extent. Not that creating icons are all-that-much trouble once you know the franchise.

Let's count the icons that are likely to show up:

-DK Icon

-Fire Emblem Icon (in some form, I'd think; maybe not)

-Captain Falcon's

-Ness's

-Yoshi's

Some of the more-likely to be ousted:

-Ice Climbers

-Game 'n Watch

-does Dr. Mario have his own Icon?

And, of course, MGS. And the supposed one or two other 3rd party franchises.

Edit: Yoshi's is there; didn't see.

Edit 2: also worth noting is that the new people are at the end, so I'm guessing at the very least, 2, 5, 7 are returning emblems and 17 is new (maybe MGS).

FUCKING hell DW, i was JUST about to post this.

It looks like a Pokeball, where instead of pokemon coming forth its different characters.

Lets just hope if sonic does show up, hes not in there.

But oh lord jesus this game is going to be frantic fun when its finsh.

FUCKING hell DW, i was JUST about to post this.

It looks like a Pokeball, where instead of pokemon coming forth its different characters.

Lets just hope if sonic does show up, hes not in there.

But oh lord jesus this game is going to be frantic fun when its finsh.

I'm not sure if I've explained this to you or not, but I tend to check these things the minute they come out. I have subscribed to the live feed. In any event, I was about 10 minutes late today because I got side tracked by stuff.

I wonder if Sonic will just be an assist trophy.

You are kidding right? After Mario and Sonic in the Olympics? The idea of Sonic being in as an assist trophy is just plain ridiculous. If he isn't in as a character, he won't be in at all.