A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

SSBB Blog: Update Discussion

I don't see what exactly that spoiled, Ay, other than any shred of business knowledge I may have thought you had. I actually have viable arguments supporting why it would be a much better idea to promote in GI than NP. One point being that GI is consistently in the top 20 computer and entertainment magazines (that's 2 categories) in terms of subscription numbers. The majority of Wii owners do not subscribe to NP, but a large percentage subscribe to GI. It's called reaching your target market.

I still like GI way better than any other gaming magazine. EGM I usually read everything in the magazine online before it comes out. GI always has some info on a game I've never heard until reading it in that issue. Sometimes the scores it gives aren't deserved, but then, a lot of people gave Bioshock a perfect 10 when it wasn't.

That and GI is notorious just like most of the market for rating moreso based on sales and hype rather than quality.

::cough::famitsu::cough::

seriously, why do people go apeshit when they give a game a 30+? It's been stated by an employee that it's based on who buys what ads and what the top ten most wanted list is.

I strongly dislike IGN.

I find Gametrailers, of all the places, to be the best. They go into detail about the game and why different parts work well/not so well. Watch Liar or Metroid Prime 3's reviews to see what I mean.

Besides, reading is SO 1900's.

I personally found God of War to be a completely boring game which had been done over and over again in the same regurgitated manner, only with a better light show. For that reason, I always hesitate to judge it when I see it showing up in magazines with perfect scores. Maybe I'm missing something?