A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

SSBB Blog: Update Discussion

This is so much better than keeping the site that was already up and updating it.

Anywho, note the "How to Play" icon. It's a sideways Wiimote

:E

EDIT: the menu music kicks ASS. Actually, the music section was really the most exciting part for me, since they have a lot of people working on the music in Brawl.

Im loving the graphics in general, they look pretty good.

the whole concept of Dawn/Day/Night cycle is awesome. This means they are most likely going to have some stages that are scripted to do different things under conditions. Im interested to see the character lineup, but im alot more interested to see How the new battle system is going to work. (Espically the Super Smash moves. Im excited to see how it works.) And im also very interested to see if they expanded on the whole WiFi Netplay thing.

Judging from the Videos, it looks like they redid alot of the animations, And its easy to say even on the normal resolution this game's visuals seem to at least be on par with Galaxy. (minus the overdone lighting.) Most of all, im EXTREMELY happy with the amount of talent they have working on this game's soundtrack. (The Musician from MGS4 and Kingdom Hearts!? This is gonna be candy on the ears as well as the thumbs.)

Speaking of controls, you really have all the buttons you need on the nunchuck, without using motion controls. Oh, and I noticed this too:

NOTICE Smash Bros. DOJO Launches with Daily Weekday Updates!

And? Its not like thats how the game actually plays.

I mean, you can't likely do a smash attack with a dpad. Is probably just stock graphics from Nintendo.

I'm actually liking the GUI graphics. They are much cleaner than the GUI style used in SSB and SSBM.

Never said that's how it plays. It's just interesting to note, since most Wiimote stock graphics would be vertical, yes? Also, double tapping the d-pad and/or motion control. Just sayin'.

Back to the music, since that's where most of the info is; look at that roster. You've composers from MGS4, IIDX, Super Metroid and Metroid Prime, Mario, Zelda, Godhand, Meteos, NiGHTS, Everybody Votes Channel (wtf?), Chrono Trigger AND Kingdom Hearts. And that's not even all of them!

They need to make a second Smash Live! album when this comes out.

Its already confirmed this game is using a GCN remote/Classic remote.

Sakurai said Motion sensing would screw with gameplay too much.

Link? Cause I read in EGM that it isn't.

Also, I just thought about something: think about how BIG this game is gonna be. You;ve got a gajillion composers working on thier favorite songs (that's a LOT of music if you do the math), you've got more space on the Wii disks...I'm expecting a hefty number of characters and stages. I have a feeling that when we all buy this and never post on SFGHQ for months, we'll be blown away when we first boot it up and see just how much is in it.

[/viral marketing]

at least its not a Wii rap or something =P

i must admit this does look purty, although if i were to own a Wii and play it, i'd hope they would include support for the gamecube/classic controller(i dont see why they wouldn't), as i don't see how waving the remote around could work well in a fighter such as this

Its already been confirmed to use the traditional Smash Brothers control scheme (actually, Serephim is wrong on the aspect of which controller they are using. It hasn't been confirmed to be any particular controller yet). And yes, you could do it quite easily with the nunchuku and wii remote like with most games.

It's just interesting to note, since most Wiimote stock graphics would be vertical, yes? Also, double tapping the d-pad and/or motion control. Just sayin'.

Uh... wrong. Virtual console has a very similar graphic which uses a sideways controller.

And again, there are no motion controls in normal gameplay.

Expect the first update between 6 and 12 hours from now.

Well, So far the score ive heard for this game is really awesome (the music playing during the Nintendo World trailer should actully be put in one of the stages, i love it.)

EDIT:

Did anyone else notice they've already shown us 10 different characters?

I expect Brawl to blow away the 20 characters Melee had, although i dont know how long this team has been working on Brawl. (could already have more than that, but if not the game releases this December, so..)

I love the composer list. They've hired a lot of talent for this game, including Shimomura (KH), who is one of my personal favorites.

She's the Parasite Eve composer (<3!), worked for SMRPG, Front Mission, arranges of Level 5 games, etc (list at wiki).

I believe she's in charge for the FFVersusXIII OST now, aside from several smaller works like this collaboration.

Guest Shadix

I'm wondering if the musician list might have something to do with the third party characters\levels involved.

One can hope :3

Yasunori Mitsuda, my hero, is involved, so I'm in <3 right now.