A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

SSBB Blog: Update Discussion

dont expect to see many different characters until at least next week. (thats if they keep updating at the speed they are now.) Im actully pleased by how clean the shots are. (yeah, im a bit of a graphix whore.) IMO, this actully looks a tad better than Galaxy in terms of Modeling. (in that Mario Kart stage, you can see like terrain drawn all the way in the horizion.)

Im just praying they diddnt take Zelda off. (That includes Sheik too, but i could really care less. ZS Samus is the new Sheik obviously.) And although WW Link was cool, Young Link still is a better Link Knockoff, IMO. However, if they re-add Gannon back into the game, i would want :

a)Him to be able to swich between Gannondorf and Gannon forms (like on OOT)

B) Be the WW Gannon with the dual swords. (God that would be sex)

EDIT:

Im also curious as to the Game Modes. Perhaps some "Special Melee" matches use the Motion Sensing?

i dunno, i think i would prefer gannon with that hoofing great double handed sword you see in some of the art work for OOT (can't remember whether he uses in game), and especially not a falcon knock off.I thought they were keeping all of the SSBM characters anyway

i dunno, i think i would prefer gannon with that hoofing great double handed sword you see in some of the art work for OOT (can't remember whether he uses in game), and especially not a falcon knock off.I thought they were keeping all of the SSBM characters anyway

They confirmed to be ditching the Ice Climbers, and i BELIEVE someone said Young Link as well.

Im glad, Ice Climbers were c h e e p.

No more swords, please. Too many already.

I disagree. Only 3 people have swords as a main weapon (assuming you don't count clones twice)- Marth/Roy, Link/Young Link and now Meta Knight- and Meta Knight seems to weild it a good deal differently. If Ganondorf were to use a slow and lumbering two-handed sword, it'd probably play too much like Link, but if he was the double-sworded WW style, then I could really get behind that. Of course, one can try and predict what other swordsmen might be in the game, but bottom line is I'm sure the people responsible will keep the play diverse even if there are "too many" swordsmen.

Well, nice site. I was hoping for more, but weekday updates are probably better in the long run even if it has to fill all the known characters, known boards, and known gameplay mechanics. Also, Yasunori Mitsuda is quite good news.

You forgot Zero Suit Samus...she has a sword too.

The daily updates are really cool, but I don't think we'll see anything new for quite some time. The updates for the next few weeks will probably be all the stages and characters that have been introduced in the trailers. The music updates is where the action's at, because we haven't heard too much of it yet.

Actually, they say it's a beam whip, though it does seem to have the ability to straighten and use temporarily like a sword ::coughIvycough::. But nonetheless, it's definitely going to play entirely different from anyone else.

WW Ganondorf isn't about the cell shading (wereas, arguably, WW Link is), he's about the fighting style and intemidating presentation (robes, casual slice while walking, gaurd-breaking foot slide). Some tweaking to his proportions might be warented, and granted he was designed to be seen aproaching you and doesn't look as nice from the sides, but the way he weilds double swords is neat. Also, it has great music when fighting him. :P

Probably not the best candidate for SSBB-ification, but still pretty cool for if they wanna keep ganondorf, but ditch his Falcon cloneness and have him a tad more unique.

Its pretty awesome sounding to me. (can make for some hillarious player created Minigames.)

You throw it at someone, it sticks to them, and im guessing rubbing against another player may plant it on them as well.

Lets just hope it has some kind of Physics to it, so we can shake it off manually. (im guessing you can anyway.)

Guest Shadix
I'm sorry, were you expecting them to reveal Mr. Pants as a playable character or something? We're not going to be getting too much info on this until later.

No, but hyping over a ridiculous item is well, stupid.

They were hyping about the Blog itself (which is fairly hype-worthy) with the countdown, not every individual entry inside the blog. It seems like it's more of an expanding instruction book to keep people interested despite any major news than a place for all sorts of new and big information to be revealed.