A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

SSBB Blog: Update Discussion

Is that pokemon SUPPOSED to be blocky like that?

I dunno, in that Battle Revolution game all the other pokemon are all smooth and stuff, yet hes' all blocky n shit

The 3rd gen Pokemon are the ugliest of the bunch

EDIT:

Japan Time brings us new news: you can double jump and use your up B special to recover.

That'll be all, gentlemen.

Yay! They released information about what controller we'll be using. Turns out you can using the Wiimote tilted on the side, Wiimote and Nunchuck, Classic Controller, and Gamecube controller. Now this is some information I've been dying to get confirmed...and what a surprise...=D

That IS something that bothered me. (Wiimote to the side i mean)

It has no Analog and limited buttons. Im sure Wiimote will only be a choice for someone without the other options. (Like the people who bought a Wii without previously having a Gamecube.) 9/10 chance whoever owned a GCN before Wii definately was going to keep their GCN controllers for that exact reason anyway.

I imagine "smashing" the joystick will be replaced by double taps on the D pad. 1 and 2 would be B and A respectively (since B is always on the left of A) and the Z trigger is pretty accessable, so have that serve as L/R. Implement thrusts and shakes, and ya, you have something that works (how well, I dunno.)

I'm debating on getting a classic controller to play SNES games (because it's impossible to play Super Mario World with a gamecube controller, unless you mangle your hands so you can somehow run and jump simultaneously) so I'll try out all 4 methods.

"9/10 chance whoever owned a GCN before Wii definately was going to keep their GCN controllers for that exact reason anyway."

Well, of course. People who owned a GC and played Super Smash Brothers Melee are comfortable with that controller. Of course the majority of people would rather stick to said controller. It's better than making people buy a specific controller or bundling it in with the game (and driving up the price).

(1) and (2) are your basic attacks, (A) is your shield, |B| is your grab (kinda weird, but can work), (+) is pause, (-) is taunt. Double tapping the D Pad is how you smash. Also, they could do it so that a controller thrust + attack results in a smash. This is some very interesting information. Too bad we'll have to wait until Monday to here anymore.

I'll be using the GC pad.

Need something I can hold tight in both hands and rest at my lap for good precision, call it pet peeve if you must. Not touching the wiimote on a fighting game save for cheap lols :P

Here's hoping the online mode shows up which configuration is using your opponent.

I actually don's think the Wiimote-Nunchuck would have been such a horible control for the game, but now that it's confirmed that you can use the GCN controller (after a rep said they were incompatible with Wii games for some reason), it makes the game that much better.

(1) and (2) are your basic attacks, (A) is your shield, |B| is your grab (kinda weird, but can work), (+) is pause, (-) is taunt. Double tapping the D Pad is how you smash. Also, they could do it so that a controller thrust + attack results in a smash. This is some very interesting information. Too bad we'll have to wait until Monday to here anymore.

That wouldn't work at all. Limited range of motion.

It would be nothing short of a monstrous handicap if done that way.

Anyway, I'm probably going to be sticking with the Wii Remote + nunchuku combo. Reason one being that I'm fucking sick of losing controllers (I'd rather lose a cheaper to replace analog stick attachment) to SSB and reason two being that it has very little need to move the hands for the basic features. I just hope the jump button is readily accessible... because I hate using up to jump.