A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

SSBB Blog: Update Discussion

@Duckboy: Exactly the same with me. I became self-proclaimed hardcore and went off of items... then I brought them back and realized just how much they added to the game. It was suddenly about so much more than just keeping my eyes on me and the fellow player.

I mean sure, people like to bitch about how they hit an exploding capsule or a bomb walked into them, but really... if you keep your eyes and ears peeled for that kind of shit, it won't hit you.

And yeah, no shit PG. The default setting is normal.

Anyway, for SFGHQ tournies (if it applies), we should have the following tournament styles:

1v1 no items

2v2 no items

1v1 all items

2v2 all items

1v1 4 item picks per player bar healing

2v2 4 item picks per team bar healing

For all item games, frequency set to normal.

I love how we're arguing even though we all fucking agree T,T

Anywho, chances of this game having it's own friend code? I can't see them implementing it; I think Pokemon having it's own code was because of the DS's function in the game. Then again, Nintendo's not too swift when it comes to knowing how gamers want to play online.

I imagine it might be possible to have a friend's Mii code simply by having their Mii. Who know. It could be in a future firmware update.

If not, then it would have to be with friend codes... though I'd love to have an option to play with anyone your Mii has been passed to anyway.

Yea, it's fun, but not if 4 players are all getting Hammers and Bombombs and shit. People just rush for all the uber powerful shit and item spam, as opposed to fighting. Having it on Normal ensures that there's fighting, and there's still items being used.

Im about 90% positive i would eliminate you in Melee, items or not. I rarely use them, but it doesnt mean matches arnt more/less fun without them. I only take items off when im playing with my friends who are actully a CHALLENGE, in which case items spawning on the stage fools with my camera and i have trouble fighting the best i can.

And you say it as if every item in the game is capable of destroying you in 1 hit. I think its great to play a game where you can have so many ways to kill an opponent. Lightsaber matches, Pokemon Matches (GOD thats so fun), and other "controlled" matches with items can be more fun than a normal match could ever be. Regardless of what you believe, most items take SKILL to be good at using them (throwing skills, timing to wait for the right opening, Timing the smash just right, blah blah), and if you hate them because only "noobs" use them then your a noob yourself.

**Example of a FUN item minigame**

Custom Match : "Shooting Game" (me and my friend made it up out of bordom one day, and played it for like 6 hours stright. I had a headache after all the laughing.)

Players- 2-4 (reccomended 2 or 4,)

Mode - Super Sudden Death

Handicap - 9

Damage Ratio - 2.0

Items - Bob-omb, Freezie, Ray Gun, Superscope, Motion Sensor Bomb, Green Shell (spawn Very High)

Stage - Mushroom Kingdom (Mario 2 One with the waterfall)

Rules- Each player gets a side, and can only compete by using projectiles. The middle area is only used for gathering items only. You CANT attack from the middle, but someone on their platform can throw/shoot something at you while your in the middle.

-Only exception of attacking outside your side is jumping on the Carpet thingy. You must stay on the carpet, but can attack anyway from there

(recommended characters : Fox, Falco, Samus, Link, Mario, Mewtwo (not really mewtwo.) Or any characters with a Reflector and Projectile of some type. Fox and Falco are the best.

additional rules - (3 players: Set it on Team. The 3rd person gets a handicap of like 4 or 5 while opposing team keeps the retardedly high handicap. On 4 players, its the same as 2 players as its 2 on each side on teams.

Me and my friend had so much fun with this we were actully about to input a YouTube video of a match. I suggest everyone with a friend should try this. you'll be suprised of how much skill you REALLY have with limited moving space, high mortality rate and being able to attack only with guns, on top of dodging all kinds of crap.

Guest Shadix

Why the heck is he holding the gun that way, it clearly has a handle yet he grips is by the barrel.

Stupid developers >_>

Guest Shadix
Why the heck is there 2 duplicate posts in this thread, someone clearly didn't double check their submission.

Stupid Sereph <_<

Sereph lives in his own world. Apparently duplicating posts is ok now.

Anyways, with the kind of news we are getting I can see this topic getting very long.