A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

SSBB Blog: Update Discussion

Cause DW's shirking his duties:

MONDAY - MAY 28th

Two of Pit's Special Moves explained:

Normal: Palutena Arrow - Similar to Link's bow-and-arrow, but you have seemingly considerable control over its trajectory, being able to bend it up and down if you're fast enough. Edit: Also, judging from the previous Pit screenshots, you can probably control the angle it's shot in.

Up: Wings of Icarus - Allows Pit to fly freely for a brief period of time. It's not clear how this works compared to and/or in conjunction with his ability to multi-jump.

Question: Was Samus supposed to turn into Zero Suit Samus only after using her Limit Bre-Final Smash or did I just dream that part?

It'd make sense but the ability to play as her unarmored self directly from the get-go is preferred IMO.

Also regarding the Gooey Bomb, I though gooey was a Kirby enemy class.

Its still up in the air.

And gooey is actually Kirby's partner in Kirby's Adventure 3 (JP only). He is the exact same as Kirby pretty much except he doesn't inhale to fly and he eats enemies with his long tongue like a frog instead of inhaling them. No relation to the gooey bomb.

Question: Was Samus supposed to turn into Zero Suit Samus only after using her Limit Bre-Final Smash or did I just dream that part?

It'd make sense but the ability to play as her unarmored self directly from the get-go is preferred IMO.

Also regarding the Gooey Bomb, I though gooey was a Kirby enemy class.

My theory is Zero Suit is to Samus as Shiek is to Zelda.

And yea, DW, I didn't expect to hear much about development on this game. I mean, did we ever hear much about the development of Melee or the original?

Nintendo's always tight-lipped about stuff anyways, so even if the director wanted to reveal things (as in, things other than "if you hit your opponent, he might get KOed!") Ninty would probably have some rule or regulation against it.

Don't worry... I'll make sure some of our SFGHQ SSBB tournaments are with items. Given that is, that there is online play.

I mean, clearly by his blog, Sakurai cares a lot about his items and feels they are an intended part of play. If he didn't, he wouldn't talk about how much strategy the added freeform-ness of the superscope adds to its use. And quite frankly, I prefer to play the way the developer intended regardless of whatever the fuck mindless whores want to do in the name of "leveling the playing field".

You guys....

....Ugh.

Go on youtube and do a search for "super smash bros. melee", or "ssbm" and see how many item matches you find. Go to tournaments and see how many there are that allow items. Go on Smashboards and ask how many people play with items.

Chances are, if you've played a lot of smash, you usually don't play with items.

And regardless, making an update saying "you can move while shootan!" Well fuck, that's just a silly update. Just make updates saying "these things have been changed. You can do A moves after an air dodge, move while using shooting items, air grab/throw, etc."

And not that I'm hating on items. Items are fine (as long as thier frequency is normal or lower. Any higher and it just becomes an arms race), I just think that most self-proclaimed "hardcore" players won't care about items, and even if they did "MOVAN AND SHOOTAN" still isn't worthy of an update, even for that site. Maybe announcing more things like they did with the music section or something...

I used to be like that, but I have since renounced that line of thinking because if you're not good enough to handle items in a match, you're not a good enough smash bros player. Items can DRASTICALLY change a match, and if you're good enough, it won't affect you.

After playing a LONG time without using items, i started using them again, and realize it's just a lot more fun to play with items on.