A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

SSBB Blog: Update Discussion

This is worthy of a double post:

hellyes.png

Nintendo, make this a stage. NOW.

Wow, that would be one of the greatest Smash Brothers stages ever. Think about what would happen if you kicked a shell ALL THE WAY AROUND! The only problem would be knocking people off, but it would also solve the problem of accidently falling off.

Wow, that would be one of the greatest Smash Brothers stages ever. Think about what would happen if you kicked a shell ALL THE WAY AROUND! The only problem would be knocking people off, but it would also solve the problem of accidently falling off.

Not really. Edge of the screen=KO, so there are still plenty of ways to fly off the stage. It just so happens that instead of gravity pulling you down, it's pulling you towards the center. Implement the ground stumps for setups (lol @ Link's bow shooting arrows in crazy arcs) and there ya go.

A Metroid should SO be an item.

Like, open a box, see a Capsule with a baby metroid in it, throw it, break it, it grows normal size and follows you around, sucking the head off of anyone it touches.

Then you shake it off by rolling into morph ball and dropping 10,000,000 bombs.

Or, you can just like Up+B the sucker.

The interface for name entering so far is looking mighty nifty.

I just hope they re-include the "READY!" animations for when you choose the characters, like in the first SSB. And the "3, 2, 1, GO!" thing too, becuase that was always awesome.

Link's looked cool.

EDIT:

another thing, did anyone think how their going to be doing Adventure mode? Im guessing with all this epic music going around and all these people they should be able to make it alot better,i was thinking they could maybe add a "real" adventure mode to it.

Yeah, I hope they add more platforming levels with characters as bosses. I was tired of beat-em-ups used as levels in adventure mode last time.

Green Hill Zone, anyone? Not going to happen, but we can only dream.

With the whole profile thing, it would be cool if you chose a smash character and were able to give him invisible objects to make him do more damage/ blow people away.

But really, all i want is an adventure mode where you actully have to take different paths and unlock different stages to unlock different characters.

That would just be awesome. Doesnt need a storymode, but you can just take certian paths to get to different final bosses.

I think the old adventure was fine (until you get to the part where it's just fighting, and no actual stages, which is about three quarters of the way in) but branching paths would be neat.

Also, I dunno how I feel about a white backdrop for the main menu. It's been black for the past...how many years? It just wouldn't feel right, since when I hear the menu theme they posted, I think black menu with slick graphics and such.