A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

SSBB Blog: Update Discussion

Guest Shadix

INNNN HISSSSSS WURRRRRRRRRLLLLLLLDDDDD.

NiGHTs seems like a possible character, considering the composer is already composing and NiGHTs 2 is a really big Wii project right now.

So the entire theme of this game is breaking the rules. Now the inclusion of Snake makes more than perfect sense.

And you want to know whats really creepy?

[qimg]http://www.sonicfangameshq.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=367&stc=1&d=1184934080[/qimg]

It looks like this game may have an actual Adventure Mode.

Ive never seen that enemy in a Kirby game before. Will we be having actual Platforming levels with character bosses...?

stage07_070723b-l.jpg

Apparently this game is going all out. One thing you noticed SSB having that SSBM didn't have were stages with specific animation used on every character that was only used for that stage (like going down pipes, getting sucked into a tornado, etc).

Thats back apparently as you can tell by the fact that there are now ladders. I'm very curious to see what this means for other similar stages.

The ladders interest me, I can imagine the epic comedy of fighting over them to reach the top.

I don't, however, like the constantly-going-up stages .This looks like a update of the Ice Climbers stage, I hated that one.

The difference here is that it goes up at a constant rate and never changes directions. They also show constant and drastic change as you climb, at one point transitioning (I think) to being on a plane and even fighting in some form of sky castle like thing. At least, thats what it looks like.

It reminds me more of the Rainbow Road board (though perhaps with a limit) only going up. I still don't like Rainbow Road, but it's better than Ice Climbers. Anyway, looks somewhat interesting. It's looks more varied and less obnoxious than it could be.

I really hope if they do make another Rainbow Road that they can improve upon it to stretch out for at least a certian amount of time (2-3 miniutes of scrolling action would be great) so that it lasts longer.

And I'm really eager to see Adventure mode. From the looks of the previous update, its going to be kind of Actionish. I just hope they stick to platforming levels.