A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Post your screenshot thread

ila

Hey. It's me, back again, after doing some work on Sonic Evo, i changed that god-awful Custom Bg i made, and completley also redesigned the level into Sunshine Sanctuary. Here's some screenshots.(Note, i am using green hill. I just love green hill so i slightly colourized it to a nicer colour so it would look sunnier, and more of a paradise feel.) EDIT:Note That it says sunshine hills in all of them, i need to change that to sunshine sanctuary.

hellomotofv3.png

hoohaadq3.png

hooheero4.png

houlds0.png

I know these don't show much, but please, give me some time, i've only been working on this for 2 weeks.

the jpeged and blantently 'shopped background (=P) looks streched and blurry, and cocks up the flowers at bottom, which then clash with the non 'shopped ones when the new layer or whatever starts. the foreground tiles look flat and bland. the stacked and missplaced tiles look awful, and the dark background for the indoor area cuts in too sharply, and just looks odd. also you've chopped the grass blades on the flat areas, and havent edited the collision for the dips in the ground, and the enemy is clearly floating in mid air.

so yeah, alot of stuff to fix...

Notice the graphical problem i had in the 4th screenshot, that was due to me layering a platform on another, which looks...yuk. I need to fix that, and the grass thing was when i was cropping it from the sprite sheet.

Khorney, if you think that was bad, you should have seen the previous ones.

are the holes chaos goes through accesable by anyone if they are rolled up, or are they chaos exclusive alternate paths(which is cool)

Chaos exclusive. I made it so the tile is detectable by sensors when NOT playing as Chaos Zero and when NOT submerged, so unless Tikal finds a way to turn into Chaos Zero and crawl around, I don't think she's going to be fitting in those holes anytime soon :P

Metalsluguk, I think that the screens when you are above ground (When you can see the fields and trees, etc.) actually look pretty good. I know it's just background splicing, but it's done well. It's a huge step up from the games you were making when you first came here.

Metalsluguk, I think that the screens when you are above ground (When you can see the fields and trees, etc.) actually look pretty good. I know it's just background splicing, but it's done well. It's a huge step up from the games you were making when you first came here.

Thanks, spike, i appreciate that. But Rael,(Who i hopefully will be speaking to on AIM....very soon.) Has a point about colour clash. I hope to edit the forest-like part of the BG that takes off from the hill(Sonic 2) so the colours feel more sexier.

Also, i love the sunspot. I won't remove it.

maybe not with water involved. it slows everything down.

Well not really, it depends how tilted the slope is. and the Slow Down Events for the water were removed due to it causing a lag in the Water Events.

Note: To whoever messed with my Avatar. DONT CHANGE IT!

You have to have some change in physics for water. You must be doing something wrong because it shouldn't cause lag. How did you program it?

Well i use RC's 360 Engine (Which is made from Damizean's)

Which water was already in the engine, but the Slow Down in Water events somehow cause a lag in the water, and when i removed the events, the lag stopped

Of course. I need add the drowning to it now.