A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Post your screenshot thread

ila

Uh, Mr.S, not to sound like an ass, but did you get some level of inspiration from my fangame? The Green Forest Zone is eerily similar to the beta level in my first demo, and the Eggrobo death was exactly like my buzzbomer deaths. Just wondering. If yes, I don't really mind, I would just like to know.

But aside from that, I must say that I am impressed. Most fangames around here don't stir up much competition anymore, but this sure does.

The Green Forest is remarkably similar to Hill Top zone just using Emerald Hill's pallete... aka, its emerald hill zone with deciduous trees in terms of art. Its not particularly a unique idea hmmm?

Anyway, it looks good and fairly remarkable. Worth playing to say the least. It doesn't capture the feel of the old games that much from looking at it, but its likeable none the less. You could concentrate just a bit more on pathing though.

Usually I'm against holding the right button for an entire level, but that is what you are going for, Mr. S, and I like it. It's fast and button-twitch awesome.

On the other levels though, since you are doing these awesome speed sections, you might want to break up monotony a bit with a different style of level design.

Uh, Mr.S, not to sound like an ass, but did you get some level of inspiration from my fan game? The Green Forest Zone is eerily similar to the beta level in my first demo, and the Eggrobo death was exactly like my buzzbomer deaths. Just wondering. If yes, I don't really mind, I would just like to know.

I've not played your demo, i made the level layout by comparing parts of real sonic levels and making in to one and change sections on the way. The Egg Robo death is from Sonic Next Gen believe it or not. But now i have played your demo i see egg robo's death very much the same as your buzz bombers death.

Usually I'm against holding the right button for an entire level, but that is what you are going for, Mr. S, and I like it. It's fast and button-twitch awesome.

Don't worry not all levels are like that. I'm trying to get away from the idea of holding right all the way though the level.

Mighty's attack is simple i had two ideas for this first one was this:

Note this is a mock up

m911.png

Mighty hits the "Blue Ring" monitor which allows him to perform a light dash in between blue rings. Not a big fan of that idea.

Second Idea :

You saw in the video where mighty gets out a "Time Stone" and use's it to break down walls. I like this idea more.

I was thinking about using the Time stones for Turbo 2, if you collect them all, you'll unlock some features in the main menu.

(The time stones would have no part in the story, however.)

Anyways, awesome stuff there, Mr.S. I'm impressed by everyone's projects so far.

New Screen

[qimg]http://img103.imageshack.us/img103/7251/sbshot11gg6.png[/qimg]

I Changed the Sonic Sprites.

[17:50] TRDCE: I just want something....not overused.

[17:50] TRDCE: Thats why I want custom stuff.

[17:51] TRDCE: You know, not reusing sega bosses and characters and shit.

[17:51] TRDCE: The bosses I'm good at though, as you seen.

[17:51] TRDCE: And I'm using nates sprites.

[17:51] Aerosol: fuck yea

[17:51] Aerosol: fuck no

[17:51] Aerosol: FUCK NO

[17:51] Aerosol: i will FINISH MY SPRITE SHEET FOR YOU

[17:51] Aerosol: IF YOU DONT

[17:51] Aerosol: FUCKING

[17:51] Aerosol: USE

[17:51] Aerosol: NATE

[17:51] Aerosol: FOX'S

[17:51] TRDCE: Uh..

[17:51] Aerosol: SPRITES

[17:51] Aerosol: im tired of seeing them

[17:51] Aerosol: i am.

[17:51] TRDCE: I 'm already using them

[17:51] TRDCE: sorry

[17:52] Aerosol: i hope you donkey dies.

[17:52] TRDCE: and I dont feel like replacing them

[17:52] Aerosol: I HOPE

[17:52] Aerosol: YOUR DONKEY

[17:52] Aerosol: DIES

[17:52] Aerosol: OF SYPHILIS

[17:52] Aerosol: JB SKHBAU HUIASHDUIAS DGYAS GDSAHKAS

[17:52] TRDCE: ......unless you mean my penis then...

[17:52] TRDCE: ok

[17:52] Aerosol: xD

[17:52] Aerosol: im kidding anyway

[17:52] TRDCE: I know

[17:52] TRDCE: Unless...

[17:52] TRDCE: you replace them

[17:53] TRDCE: Yes....you

[17:53] TRDCE: NO

[17:53] TRDCE: Nvr mind

[17:53] TRDCE: I'll keep them.

[17:53] TRDCE: Tust me, it'll look good in this game.

[17:53] Aerosol: i dont doubt that

[17:53] Aerosol: im just tired of nate's sprites

[17:54] TRDCE: I take it they've been overused?

[17:54] Aerosol: there was a time when jimmy bitchface to edna crackwhore was using them

[17:54] Aerosol: i was like FUCK. USE SOMETHING ELSE

[17:54] Aerosol: EVEN ADVANCE SPRITES

[17:54] Aerosol: JESUS

[17:54] TRDCE: I know

[17:54] Aerosol: speaking of advance, i feel like making a background

[17:54] Aerosol: fuck

[17:54] TRDCE: I didnt know nates sprites were overused

[17:54] TRDCE: Otherwise I wouldnt of used them

*Stares at Aerosol for truth*

I <3 you dawg. lol

And now, I SHALL change the sprites, I'm moving to the Sonic Worlds engine anyways so....

And while sheeting those sprites from the sprite section, I saw some pretty bad-ass Sonic sprites, I wish I noticed them sooner.

Was that really....forget it.

I wasn't poking fun at him Azu, if that's what you're implying.

Aerosol and I had that conversation about 2 weeks or so ago about how nate's sprites were being used too much. (Well, aerosol was, lol)

And now, coincidentally, Marik is using them.

I posted that for lolz, really, but not to poke fun.

I wasn't poking fun at him Azu, if that's what you're implying.

Aerosol and I had that conversation about 2 weeks or so ago about how nate's sprites were being used too much. (Well, aerosol was, lol)

And now, coincidentally, Marik is using them.

I posted that for lolz, really, but not to poke fun.

Cant help it if i like Nate's Sonic Sprite. :P