A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Post your screenshot thread

ila

Meh, Some screens of Sonic EVO,

Sorry about the big screens, photobucket's being a bitch.

Marblecliffs.jpg

3.jpg

I hate the custom BG i made for marble cliffs, That is definatley gonna change. Also, My level designing isn't too good, so that's changing too.

I'll keep you informed. =P

Looks pretty good! Chaos' moves look interesting. Although, I hate your choice of sprites for Chaos and Tikal. They are just so... stiff. No matter how fast they go, they are always in the walking sprite... so on and so forth.

SkyLights, where have you been? I've missed you and your awesomeness.

Amazing videos, man. The move list you gave Chaos Zero is the most impressive, in my opinion.

Good BG remix of Angel Island, great remixed music, and solid level design. I'd consider making the level longer though, because it seemed a tad short. Plus, Tikal and Chaos need some running animations.

Yeah, I put some time into thinking of how Chaos Zero could fit in the Sonic formula, and I think I've done a successful job of it. One thing not in the video that he can do is sink through platform surfaces when he submerges, such as a sewer lid or bridge.

I will look into length of the level. I thought that this one can be completed in about the same time as a regular first level, but I'll see about it anyway. And I guess I spin-dashed too much, because Tikal does have running sprites. My fault for time-attacking Sonic games too much. >_< Chaos Zero doesn't have another running animation on purpose though because he doesn't have the ability to run like Sonic would. He uses his momentum as a ball to speed forwards, as opposed to moving his legs as fast as he can.

But about the running sprites for Tikal's case. Is the average Genesis walk/run animations not enough and I should add a third, faster version like CD's peel-out, or should I do something else?

I have to say how the background hurts my eyes because detailed objects are so freaking tiny. However, you're an excellent spritist and I love your use of colors, especially in the sky. The concept of the characters is unique, and the level design seems good. The music is candy as well.

Keep it up, I want a new demo.