A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Post your screenshot thread

ila

looks nice, but the sum of the parts is less impressive. your style is inconsistent, especially the bits with black outlines, they clash with other areas of the background and with sonic. Your windows are assymetrical, and IIRC from that angle they shouldn't be, but they look off nonetheless. the second 'side' of your buildings have the bricks sloping down at too much of an angle, try flattening them out a bit, same with you pyramird on a stick things, the angle is really wierd, not to mention they are really bland compared with the rest of your stuff. a good start, but needs a bit of polish

Okay, quick point, I didn't make the BG, I'm just asembling it. I got it of this site. Sence the background was actualy made for an old fangame called Sonic Zero, it would have been nice to remake it for goodness sake.

I'm most likely not going to get any help at all with this, sence most teem projects never realy worked for me, and the fact that hardly anyone makes any decent Costom Sonic BGs anymore let alone share them with those that don't have the ability, but I degres. Its probably a way make people make their own costom bgs and such.

This is the end of my rant...... Have a nice day, and I'll see what I can do this far.

wait rael...is this the original sonic zero you were talking about?

http://sonicfangameshq.com/view.php?sec=1&id=68

are you being sarcastic?

Nope, not this one. The one I'm trying to recreate is much more different than this one, and I'm afraid its lost forever. The one I knew had three zones with three acts each. The first zone's name was indeed palmtree parkway.

Also, I want to apologise for the rant up there if anyone got anoied by it, but If I didn't say anything, I'd be a lier.

Don't worry about it, I don't think it pissed anyone off.

But the truth is, people do make good custom BGs. But you are partly right, because they don't put them up for free use. It seems that these days everyone has a fangame (And 99% of them never get past the first level) so they keep those backgrounds for themselves.

Eh, that topic is about custom backgrounds. Not a "done from Scratch" backgrounds.

What's the difference between the two things that you just said?

I don't do it like that, Brad. Plus... my product... doesn't come out like that either.

Oh...my mistake...it's not as AWESOME as your backgrounds, Steak.