A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Post your screenshots thread

Rael0505

So... what do you think?

I'll say it yet again: I still don't like how the foreground here looks like a bunch of pillars sticked together. The GGZ3 background looks fine, but you might want to make the stars less pixelated if that's possible.

I'll say it yet again: I still don't like how the foreground here looks like a bunch of pillars sticked together. The GGZ3 background looks fine, but you might want to make the stars less pixelated if that's possible.

Haha, i'll get around removing the pillars sometime before SAGE, don't worry. And about the background, i had to resize the sky for the mock-up, that's why it looks a little pixelated.

Ya know the part in Launch Base where you ride up in that spinny cart and knuckles throws the bomb? Well, I flew up there. In this screenshot, I'm not pressing anything. I'm stuck like that. You can't move until after the scene, where you fly to safety. I don't think it subtracts from the amount of time you have to fly, because I was flying for a while and could fly for a bit even after the scene.

[qimg]http://i.imgur.com/T3Vvp5p.png[/qimg]

What the heck?! I just escaped the barrier and now I'm safe!

Hahaha, I did the same thing with Hyper Sonic. :3

My friend challenged me to find as many glitches as I could, playing through sonic 3 and knuckles. He came over today, and I'm in the lead. I probably should have mentioned I was playing through S3&K for a reason, but I forgot. Sorry.

Sonic had almost no notable glitches, and I'm still doing knuckles.

My freind managed to get knuckles into sonic and tails section, which resulted in him getting the emeralds faster than me.

The pictures of super tails were kind of pointless and not glitches, but I'm obsessed with tails.

Super's "walking" animations is lazy,I presume you'll add more frames?Even then,the concept seems awkward.

The transformation seems ok,though I did make one btw.

Yea, the walking animation is definitely temorary. I just needed something quick.

And you made a transition?

This is the sheet I'm using, excuse my edits.

rGLd2mV.png

I'm not sure how current this sheet is, but a transformation transition would be awesome!

Didn't you say you'd made your own sprites for your game?

Oh, and this:

Super's "walking" animations is lazy,I presume you'll add more frames?Even then,the concept seems awkward.

The transformation seems ok,though I did make one btw.

Where the hell can I find this?

I really like the sunset effect you got going there Jassbec! And now I just wanted to show some progress on the 2nd zone for the SAGE demo, Corrupted Canyon.

UcuDbFH.png

fkNQtIh.png

aQ44QG6.png

Now, introducing two new things, quicksand and a new enemy titled "Missile Mouth".

hgkzWYg.png

I circled the rocket because I felt it was a little hard to see in the screenshot.

nRhTSzX.png

Any input or thoughts on this?

Guest Mr Lange

Yes Bliz two major things.

The sand dune layers do not meld well with the scene. The canyon in the far background has mostly neutral colors and shading, yet it is more distant than the sand dunes which become much darker with distance. If this is fog, it is not realistic (because the canyon should be the darkest of all). If it is lighting, the dunes need to be moved much lower than the canyon wall. Even so, brute darkening is very cheap, and something the Sonic games rarely resort to. Try using a darker color scheme instead of just lowering the value globally on the images, if that makes sense.

The other thing is the foreground of machinery just behind the stage. Silhouette black does not go well with the scene, but you're not far off given the sunset lighting. It works in Oil Ocean because of the distance, lighting, and fog, none of which are present here. The machinery should have illuminated edges to indicate there's still light projecting onto it from the reverse side, gradiating to a silhouetted front side. The original Sonic games have done this a few times:

admIro0R.png?st=pmSlmisZufhqSKGIsIkW4g&e=1373335257

acgz1Wqq.png?st=qXHoHTO_E7aoSm5FUDZBQQ&e=1373335257

adv36Jvv.png?st=o8ptUzWHRimtZJ2snD6YeA&e=1373335258

See what I'm getting at there? You'll have to create the sprites for the machinery in the lit areas because the original sprites were only solid colors, but it will look much better. You could use the foreground of Oil Ocean as a reference since the structures are very similar.

A lot of useful criticism and input

I sort of understand what you're trying to say, however that seems like it would be more in my friend Delta's department. I'm not much of a graphics guy I just do the coding and "putting together" of things. I'll definitely show your post to Delta.

1. Is the quicksand an instant killer?
  2. How many rockets will rocket mouth shoot before he stops?

1. No it's not. xD If the player sinks into the quicksand too far, then yes, it would be an instant killer.

2. Six, since there are six rocket pods.

I have the feeling it will act like the mud-thing in marble garden.

Yes, pretty much like that.

I started making the (5th, and hopefully final) title screen for my game. All the characters you see will be playable. And yes, they are animated! (In the way they are in Knuckles' Chaotix!) Sonic/Tails have a custom animation and metal Sonic's fire just kind of flashes and he moves up and down.

dNTtTCm.png

Also, keep in mind these are not the final positions. Sonic will most likely be in the middle and raised a bit.

Guest Mr Lange
I started making the (5th, and hopefully final) title screen for my game. All the characters you see will be playable. And yes, they are animated! (In the way they are in Knuckles' Chaotix!) Sonic/Tails have a custom animation and metal Sonic's fire just kind of flashes and he moves up and down.

[qimg]http://i.imgur.com/dNTtTCm.png[/qimg]

Also, keep in mind these are not the final positions. Sonic will most likely be in the middle and raised a bit.

Looks alright but I'd change the name of that game if I were you.

Guest Mr Lange
I was indeed thinking about that. But what do you suggest? Keep in mind the events of the game take place right after S3&K.

It would probably be better to know what the game is like, since naming it might be better if I knew the context.