A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Post your screenshots thread

Rael0505

If metal sonic is one of the last things you unlock in the game, then I'd go with 2 because I know as a player, if I unlocked something that awesome as a free roam forever fly ability, I'd be overjoyed. I don't see a problem with the game breaking aspect though if you've already had to do everything in the game to get the game breaking character.

Good point, Highwire; you've changed my mind with that.

By "break" I meant that it would be ridiculously easy and the player would be able to access areas that they shouldn't. A good example is of an Aquarium Park Act in Sonic Colours; one can access the roofs of certain buildings through boosting and good timing.

Good point, Highwire; you've changed my mind with that.

By "break" I meant that it would be ridiculously easy and the player would be able to access areas that they shouldn't. A good example is of an Aquarium Park Act in Sonic Colours; one can access the roofs of certain buildings through boosting and good timing.

If that's what you meant by breaking, then beaking is my favorite part of any game.

Im leaning towards 2, but ill wait for more opinions

So, I'm porting to delta right now, and I'm using classic mod.gen sonic, and there is no super sonic. So. I took the easy route.

[qimg]http://i.imgur.com/dzkH1FB.png[/qimg]

I changed the palette, and flipped the spikes upside down. Instant super sonic.

Here he is in game.

[qimg]http://i.imgur.com/f5BXnoE.png[/qimg]

I see one glaring problem with that sprite: The shading on his spikes is upside down. The light source is supposed to be above Sonic, not below him.

So. You know the spikeball thing? That one in this picture?

sosth_xtreme1.jpg

ZigZax and I thoughit would be cool if we replaced insta-sheild with an animation of that.

Yes or no?

Also, we realised that in every genesis game, sonic has goten something special added to his abilities. For example, S2, spindash, SCD, peelout, S3/S3&K, instasheild. This game takes place right after S3&K, so we thought it would be cool if sonic had some sort of new ability. Wall jump is saved for another character (wink wink) and we don't want light speed dash, so... ANy suggestions other than those 2?

Here is the last post I made, Merged into this oneto prevent double posting:

4GBey8H.png

There. I fixed it.

Some abilities that come to mind are a double jump, homing attack, bounce/stomp move or a "tornado kick" (iirc, he did something similar in Sonic Advance 3?).

We've thought about those, and I forgot to include double jump in the list. We're trying to stay away from modern moves, and pre- exsisting moves. We're looking for a brand new idea.

When I posted my G-Zero demonstration, TheJeli commented on how it looked like Starfox for the VB.

This inspired me to make this model with the engine:

sgo.gif

Any issues you see with this file are caused by the fact that Hypercam 2 hates me to death. This resulted in a bunch of weird jump cuts rather than the smooth rotation I wanted to show. I also didn't feel like editing the gif's frames individually this early in the morning, so what you get is what I recorded.

The model itself isn't identical to the SNES model, the bottom points of the thruster engines need to be lower and I don't think the wings and fuselage are long enough. It's close enough to the original that you can recognize it though.

Well that's all for tonight from me. See you guys in the morning.

That's some nice stuff Beta!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Alright, so it seems like we're not using the Green Gate art Geckoroverse did, and instead i'm in charge of GG's art.

So i did a modification to the other grass i did.

GreenerGateway.PNG

I tried making a smaller version of it and make the lower part smoother, but while doing so it lost the stylized look the other grass had. I still might use the bigger grass for a platform or something.

What do you think? any feedback?

That's some nice stuff Beta!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Alright, so it seems like we're not using the Green Gate art Geckoroverse did, and instead i'm in charge of GG's art.

So i did a modification to the other grass i did.

[qimg]http://jassbecspot.webs.com/photos/undefined/GreenerGateway.PNG[/qimg]

I tried making a smaller version of it and make the lower part smoother, but while doing so it lost the stylized look the other grass had. I still might use the bigger grass for a platform or something.

What do you think? any feedback?

Eh, even at that size, it still looks fairly nice. I really think it may look a little bit better at the small size than the larger one. (The grass looks a hell of a lot more intricate that way.)

So, bad news...

I lost the big grass texture and the small one... well...

IthinkNot-1.PNG

Yeah... MMF2 doesn't have a zoom function or anything, and the small grass is freaking small. (AND IT'S UGLY.)

but anyway, here's an updated title card!

Immagonnastickwiththis.PNG

And I "finished" Green Gate Act 3's background.

Slapyourightinyourpnesstalgicritic.PNG

So... what do you think?

Ya know the part in Launch Base where you ride up in that spinny cart and knuckles throws the bomb? Well, I flew up there. In this screenshot, I'm not pressing anything. I'm stuck like that. You can't move until after the scene, where you fly to safety. I don't think it subtracts from the amount of time you have to fly, because I was flying for a while and could fly for a bit even after the scene.

T3Vvp5p.png

What the heck?! I just escaped the barrier and now I'm safe!