A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Post your screenshots thread

Rael0505

It would probably be better to know what the game is like, since naming it might be better if I knew the context.

The story basically follows this, the seventh story line of sonic xtreme, with a few tweaks.

SONIC XTREME - by Yasuhara Hirokazu and Richard Wheeler

Story

After Robotnik's defeat at the Floating Island, things returned to normal for Sonic and his friends. Robotnik however, had not been idle, and returned with an even grander scheme to conquer the world.

Robotnik has rebuilt his Death Egg fortress, larger than Sonic's entire world! So powerful is its gravity that it can rip planets from their orbits. Already several planets orbited the huge fortress, and Robotnik would not rest until Sonic's world was in his clutches as well!

Already the world is being drawn to the Death Egg. Sonic has to act quickly to stop Robotnik. Tails has managed to create a working teleport pod that can send Sonic to the Death Egg. There was no time to contact Knuckles, so Tails will stay behind and operate the teleport pod and Sonic will travel to the heart of the Death Egg and destroy it.

But as Sonic was teleporting, one of the small planets surrounding the Death Egg changed course and intercepted Sonic! Sonic found himself on a strange world, surrounded by Badnik robots! Already the inhabitants of this world had been captured and changed into his evil minions. Robotnik had prepared a cunning trap, and Sonic had walked right into it.

Everything had gone as Robotnik had planned. He knew that Sonic would try to get to his new Death Egg, and had changed the creatures called Mips into Badniks. Then by controlling the planet's orbit, he had led Sonic right into his trap!

"HA! HA! Now I've got you, you spiky blue freak! You won't stop me this time!"

Sonic must free the captive Mips, make his way to the new Death Egg, and destroy it quickly. If he fails, the world will belong to Robotnik forever!

You can find that at the bottom of this page.

By "what the game is like" did you mean the story or gameplay?

If it was gameplay, here is my youtube channel.

I also made a few changes/added a few things

Odwc6q6.png

Nice work!

I think it might be cool too have some dust come out of Mighty's feet when he does the second jump and idk if you have this already cause I can't hear the sound but it would be cool if Mighty has a different sound to his regular jump when he did his double jump. Could even be a higher pitched regular jump sound.

Different springs are a nice idea, the colour of the blue one is really nice.

Nice work!

I think it might be cool too have some dust come out of Mighty's feet when he does the second jump and idk if you have this already cause I can't hear the sound but it would be cool if Mighty has a different sound to his regular jump when he did his double jump. Could even be a higher pitched regular jump sound.

Different springs are a nice idea, the colour of the blue one is really nice.

Thanks! I do indeed plan to have some sort of effect with mighty's double jump, and a higher pitched jump sound on the double jump. It doesn't have it as of now.

Sorry for Double Posting, I merged my last post with this one.

It's not a screenshot, but whatever.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Old Post:

Yay! Fully functional mighty with double jump! Soon to have wall jump!

[qimg]http://i.imgur.com/M0EmYDW.png[/qimg]

[qimg]http://i.imgur.com/6A7dXMY.png[/qimg]

[qimg]http://i.imgur.com/ctEOdAj.png[/qimg]

Nice to see someone using my old Mighty sprites, but you should probably edit them so they match since you've mixed 2 different sheets. One has shading on the black area and the other doesnt; it really sticks out otherwise.

I'm wondering where you got one of the sheets though, since I never really released it to the public(not the one on TSR/MFZ).

Nice to see someone using my old Mighty sprites, but you should probably edit them so they match since you've mixed 2 different sheets. One has shading on the black area and the other doesnt; it really sticks out otherwise.

I'm wondering where you got one of the sheets though, since I never really released it to the public(not the one on TSR/MFZ).

Deebs made a dump/graveyard page on the MdGn Resource site, you can only get to it if you know the address however. My point, I believe your Mighty is up there Xeric.

(also long time no see)

Poe, I think you should have Metal flying across the background as he's an enemy and you may not want people to know he's unlockable. Spoils the surprise, I opine.

About that, metal will no longer be an unlockable character, poe herr decidedvit was better to have him available at the start from the beginning with mighty, we will have two(Or possibly three) more new characters.

I got them from google images. After I couldn't find any from MFZ, TSR, etc, I just searched "mighty the armadillo sprites" in google images, scrolled down some, and found them. And yea, I noticed the shading thing, his arm's color is off as well, and a few other highlights on his shell as well. I plan on fixing that before the demo is released

About that, metal will no longer be an unlockable character, poe herr decidedvit was better to have him available at the start from the beginning with mighty, we will have two(Or possibly three) more new characters.

Correct, metal sonic is now a major plot point as a main character.

http://info.sonicretro.org/Sonic_X-treme_bosses

It goes as this:

Metal sonic is pissed about the fact that robotnik has created many different metal sonics, and believes he should be the one and only. So he teams up with sonic to defeat them. There is more detail, (much more detail) but I don't want to spoil anything. That's just the jist.

Tails, Knuckles, Amy, Gamma, and Big were not accessible at the beginning of Sonic Adventure, and were literally unlocked as you played through the game, regardless of who you played as.

Yes, I'd say they were unlockable characters.

What you've got there sound like unlockable bonus characters that have zero relevance to the plot.

Sonic adventure's characters aren't really unlockable characters, they're just characters that are required to beat the game that become playable at different times.

In my game, they are not necessary to beat the game. In fact, one character will be unlocked by beating the game.

It doesn't matter if they're unlockable or not. It also doesn't matter if they're necessary for beating the game or not. Knuckles in Sonic 3 had a storyline that took place AFTER Sonic 3 had actually happened, and he was neither unlockable or necessary for beating the game.

If this is supposed to take place after S3K, then improve upon the story telling from S3K. The characters don't have to have a complicated storyline, but at least give them a reason to be there!

So? They're for fun. Funfunfunfunfunfunfun.

GTFO.

My, that was awfully rude and unpleasant of you. See the above for my reasoning on why it doesn't matter if they're for fun or not.

@ TailsSena

Yes, they are unlockable, but

just characters that are required to beat the game that become playable at different times.
What you've got there sound like unlockable bonus characters that have zero relevance to the plot.

exactly. sonic adventure has metal sonic playable, and he is not part of the plot. just a fun bonus.

@betaman

None of the five standard characters (MTA, sonic, tails, KTE, metal sonic) have a complicated storyline, and they all have a reason to be there.

There will be an ai partner system similar to sonic advance 3. that's why I made 5 main characters, to have a variety. Metal and Mighty were originally unlockables. You will start the game, choose your main character, and be thrown into the hub world. Then when you choose a level, there will be some sort of system for picking your partner, and you will play the level.

I am welcome to suggestions from anyone on how you pick your partner.

It doesn't matter if they're unlockable or not. It

If this is supposed to take place after S3K, then improve upon the story telling from S3K. The characters don't have to have a complicated storyline, but at least give them a reason to be there!

My, that was awfully rude and unpleasant of you. See the above for my reasoning on why it doesn't matter if they're for fun or not.

Well ahm sorry. :P

I never really understood entirely the way that Knuckle's story was actually able to be later (or earlier). I knew it had to be, but it still didn't make a lot of sense to me.

Well ahm sorry. :P

I never really understood entirely the way that Knuckle's story was actually able to be later (or earlier). I knew it had to be, but it still didn't make a lot of sense to me.

I'm not going to spend this post to make sense of it, so just go to Sonic Retro and look it up. It's explained pretty well there.