A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Post your screenshots thread

Rael0505

Bam.

physicstest_by_flash__light-d6eezn0.png

(not shown: edited physics - if I ever make a Sonic-esque game, instead of having to earn speed by being good at the game, speed would be given out on a silver platter, but the challenge would be to keep it and the flow going, while having a good performance. Also, custom - and by that I mean one of the ones I composed myself - music, also not shown)

It's just a little experiment for now (obviously, since I didn't even actually change level art/layout yet) - I doubt it's gonna go anywhere serious. I'm not the best artist/spriter, programmer and level designer, anyway.

Bam.

[qimg]https://fc05.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2013/201/c/b/physicstest_by_flash__light-d6eezn0.png[/qimg]

(not shown: edited physics - if I ever make a Sonic-esque game, instead of having to earn speed by being good at the game, speed would be given out on a silver platter, but the challenge would be to keep it and the flow going, while having a good performance. Also, custom - and by that I mean one of the ones I composed myself - music, also not shown)

It's just a little experiment for now (obviously, since I didn't even actually change level art/layout yet) - I doubt it's gonna go anywhere serious. I'm not the best artist/spriter, programmer and level designer, anyway.

Looks pretty cool and thats not a bad game idea either.

Also just cause you're not the best at it doesn't mean you shouldn't go for it. If you want to, do it. Your skill will improve over time, what matters is that you put the effort into trying.

moar pls

It interested me quite a lot. Is this Hell?

I'm definately doing more of these, the location is still a mystery (might as well be some sort of hell, ideas?) And Jeli, i'm not the kind of person that uses screamers at the end of a video.

Ahaha, thanks, guys!

I'm obviously going to try more on it when/if I have the time - it's a bit more fun than I thought. On the other hand, considering my character isn't supposed to be a fancharacter, I might just do this as a silly little test like I originally intended.

As for the sprites, they were a collaboration - drawn by me, and shaded by a friend of mine called Chaos Strewth. I'm usually not that good, ahaha!

Well, through experiences and learning, I found out automatic rotation is actually way more efficient than classic, so automatic it is!

Also, there will be bombs, UFO's and best of all:

the ability to control how fast or slow you go! I think you will like that, Alex.

Every special stage will have a different objective.

I also found out how to make sonic roll in the special stage.

So, rolling: yes or no?

Well, through experiences and learning, I found out automatic rotation is actually way more efficient than classic, so automatic it is!

Also, there will be bombs, UFO's and best of all:

the ability to control how fast or slow you go! I think you will like that, Alex.

Every special stage will have a different objective.

I also found out how to make sonic roll in the special stage.

So, rolling: yes or no?

Well the Sega Saturn version of the special stages had rolling(For 3D Blast anyway.), so I think rolling would be a good idea.