A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Post your screenshots thread

Rael0505

I remember AstroPirahna said a while back he would do some original assets for CCZ, but he hasn't quite got any down; however, I did have this original cactus tile I can resize, and/or make variations thereof:

cactuswoneedles.png

I also worked on a crate based on your old concept art...but I haven't touched it in a while. :B (CComZ assets are being worked on currently as well, and me and SG are working out its music too).

What are reused assets from?

EDIT - Also, he just posted Act 2's music Jass.

I remember AstroPirahna said a while back he would do some original assets for CCZ, but he hasn't quite got any down; however, I did have this original cactus tile I can resize, and/or make variations thereof:

[qimg]http://imageshack.us/a/img13/4022/cactuswoneedles.png[/qimg]

I also worked on a crate based on your old concept art...but I haven't touched it in a while. :B (CComZ assets are being worked on currently as well, and me and SG are working out its music too).

What are reused assets from?

EDIT - Also, he just posted Act 2's music Jass.

Alright, thank you for letting me know! :D

Anyway, the assets are from Wacky Workbench Past and the desert 2P level from Sonic 3 (can't remember the name...)

So, I've started programming the first boss in my game, and it's coming together well. Here is a mockup by ZigZax, the one who designed the boss and its tiles.

YC2BQ9L.png

Here is the current progress.

B0e3NGA.png

It's supposed to move up and down and do all sorts of crazy stuff, but I've just started, so it just stays in one place and you can hit it. The wheel functions almost just like the car's wheel from the first boss of BTS, except you can get run over and get hurt.

I will calculate the laser to shoot in front of you. The laser will hurt you, as well as the explosion from the laser.

@Mr. Potatobadger

That boss looks fun, can't wait to try it out!

-------------------------------------------------------

This is probably really close to Green Gate Act 1's final product... (The background!)

YetanotherGreenGate.PNG

There's just a few details i need to implement, but i think this is...okay.

If you're not okay with this, please let me know what's wrong.

Also, the foreground is not complete, expect changes on that. (i know, pillars...)

Various animations for Knuckles I had to made for TT. I've been working on them today because I'm porting them into the game right now.

[qimg]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5170721/sprKnucklesClimb.gif[/qimg]

[qimg]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5170721/knucklesedposesWIP.gif[/qimg][qimg]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5170721/knuxruntest_recent.gif[/qimg]

Oh snap, they're so smooth.

Although, I wonder where Knuckles pulls that hat from…

You're looking at a canabalt styled game with an auto-level up system. Its going to be an independant title, but I'm thinking about making something special out of it for SAGE just for shits and giggles.

Red box is character, tan box is randomly generated ground, blue is the bg.

The counters are how many times you've jumped, how many special items you've gotten, how many score bits you've collected and your score.

The dots under the counters show what level that ability is at.

Complete set of HUD text and icons I designed for the demo.

urn.png

I went through many changes for the combo result texts, as well as the warning signs.

Also I was planning to use that ?Random icon but I changed my mind because most of the monitors were set according to the obstacles.

Complete set of HUD text and icons I designed for the demo.

I went through many changes for the combo result texts, as well as the warning signs.

Also I was planning to use that ?Random icon but I changed my mind because most of the monitors were set according to the obstacles.

Holy crap, the HUD is looking fantastic! Good Job! :D

----------------------------------------------------------

Anyway, this is my first real attempt at pixel art.

GreenGateGrassAttempt.PNG

It's for FTB's Green Gate, i wanted an stylized look for it. I think it's not bad for a first try :V

What do you think? any feedback? (I know, the grass is bigger than it should...)

Yes. You might also want to shade around the left and right edges. (For the definite edges of the platforms I mean. Your tiling looks great as it is.)

Incidentally, here are some screens of a wire-frame demonstration that I turned into a little arcade like game. The images in the bottom right are a few shots of the model

xb8.png

Just out of curiosity, how many bits was the Virtual Boy? Because i honestly can't tell.

I'm assuming 32, or just a really fast 16, since it could handle depth and sprite scaling very, very easily from what I saw.

EDIT: Yes, it was 32-bit. It ran on the NEC V810 CPU; the same processor as the NEC PC-FX, a 32-bit system.

Really it's supposed to be an homage to a cancelled VB game called Zero Racers or G-Zero. It was meant to be a 3D sequel to F-Zero on the Snes. In fact, the ship is an attempt at a point for point remake of one of the ships in G-Zero.

I recently started porting my game to the collab build of delta.

Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles will be playable in my game, and will feature save slots like S3&K does. Except that there will be 3 slots, each with a set player, a delete, and maybe a no-save.

Tails will be jumping in a regualr ball in my game!

DnUPvBc.png

On a side note, in my game, metal sonic will be an unlockable character. (Unlocking him will unlock another save slot) ZigZax and I decided he should have a special ability...

So, we have 2 options:

1. Rocket jump: Similar to the jetpack move from Rocket Knight, or Hyper Sonic's Dash that you have to charge up.

2. Fly Free: Fly around freely by holding X. Up, down, left, right, whatever. For as long as your finger can hold X, you can fly.

Vote by saying 1, 2, and maybe a reason why.

Or maybe give us another idea if you want.