A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic 4 Thread

Slingerland

http://blogs.sega.com/usa/2010/01/27/project-needlemouse-community-challenge-2-new-concept-art-and-a-very-special-reward/

That's right guys! Submit 100 pieces of fake concept art by Monday to Sega and they'll tell you great amazing details like THE GAME'S NAME because obviously we weren't going to figure that one out sooner or later (like when it comes out) and other neat things like concept art of the first zone. (Probably a picture of a loop) and a SUPER SPECIAL AWESOME BONUS BONUS. (like more concept art)

I did a quick count, and there are about 31 entries right now. Didn't check them, but I'm assuming Sega will count anything in this publicity parade.

Speed is something that is not given; but rather earned through dedication. Speed is not found by simply pushing a boost button, but by building momentum. It is the reward for skill in the face of difficult challenges – this kind of speed is the most exhilarating, not only because it is fast, but because of the pure perfection such speed exemplifies. This is the truth of the original Sonic games – and this is the truth of Project Needlemouse.

I swear if any of you throws that in your sig I'll kick you in the head.

Shame that quote means absolutely nothing in the grand scheme of things since it's a comment they just happened to pick out.

Edit: Oh, wait, it isn't. Whelp. Still, it doesn't mean much anyway, Sonic Advance and its sequels worked the same way, and, well, you know. It's the level design and stuff that counts. Unleashed had abysmal level design, which does not give me high hopes for this game.

Log onto DeviantArt

Search "Sonic"

Download pictures of fursonas

Done in 5 minutes

They actually want badnik concept art, so they kindof dodged that bullet.

I don't think they're going to go the fusion route, and I mean, we've only seen art of two badniks from the game. I must say I really like Motobug's new design though. And they probably won't stick to nothing but old badniks, that'd be a bad decision...oh wait, this is a Sonic game we're talking about. Of course they'll make bad decisions! :awink:

^Exactly FGR

Yeah the Fusion Badnik comment had about the same intent as Brad's Official Unofficial comment.

Seriously Sega needs some PR help these guys just aren't in touch with their fans. At least not the ones (Us, Retro) they are attempting to target with this game.

I have a feeling we're going to end up with the 2D parts of Sonic Unleashed with some slapped in Sonic 1 graphics.