A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic 4 Thread

Slingerland

I wonder if they are even actually counting right answers... I'd wager they are just saying "Oh wow, we got this many people. You all get a gold star!" since it's all just part of a predetermined hyping plan.

This whole thing reeks of bullshit.

@SG: Reboot in Megaman 10 style? As I recall, Megaman 9 wasn't at all a reboot and Megaman 10 is just a sequel to that.

I wonder if they are even actually counting right answers... I'd wager they are just saying "Oh wow, we got this many people. You all get a gold star!" since it's all just part of a predetermined hyping plan.

This whole thing reeks of bullshit.

@SG: Reboot in Megaman 10 style? As I recall, Megaman 9 wasn't at all a reboot and Megaman 10 is just a sequel to that.

dude I totally meant 9 lol, but yea, even a fucking sequel to S3&K and the oldest of sonic fans will come running to that shit

tragedy is, capcom's track record hasn't faltered like Sega's. Never really played the old Megaman games, but the entire zero series was great, as well as ZX. Only played MMX1, 2, and 6, but those were all great too. Im sure they had no problem recreating the old games. Sonic Team has struggled to recreate even something as great as the FIRST sonic advance (which in my opinion was better than most of the Genesis games, real talk.)

inti creates is what sonic team WISHES they still were. Great games, beautiful visuals (ZX was gorgeous.), and a great music team. They had no issue with MM9, and apparently MM10 either. Its easy money for them, except the games they poop out are actually GOOD.At this point , i have no idea whats stopping Sonic Team from attempting to create a Sequel to S3&K. It REALLY cant be that hard to create a sequel to a game you have no fewer than 5 successes of. So if they seriously fuck up a console 2D title for sonic, they're done for.

Nooo! They got rid of Charmy! And Chip! And they did it so forcefully!

Since they are going at a clip of 2 at a time and they are doing five of these, it's looking like they are going to do exactly the ___gy kind of shit I thought they'd do and leave only Sonic on the list... making this whole thing a very pointless and very annoying tease.

And seriously, SONIC ONLY is not the fucking point. The point is, we dont CAARREEE about the stupid characters they keep adding onto the series. They dont understand that they are just not fun to play with.

Eh? I get your point but it doesn't actually make any sort of sense. It's not like them removing all of the "stupid characters" will suddenly make the next Sonic game not a buggy, ill-controlling, grinding-above-massive-pits-of-death crapshow. This can also be applied to you're whole bit about them "bullshitting the development process": if you took Shadow and Silver out of Sonic '09 would it suddenly not be the slippery pile of crap most people thought it was? Sure, if they removed them you won't have to put up with, say, the werehog and you can have all of your "coolest looking Sonic levels ever." But a pretty level where you're on a self-propelling rail over a huge pit-of-death is still pretty crappy.

... this quiz is pretty lolz too, but not enough so for me to bother.

Everyone on earth should agree, Unleashed - werehog = FAR better game.

Of course that means Sonic would have to have more levels, which means they would have to work harder on the game then they intended. Which is basically what the paragraph under that comment was talking about.

Not really. A lot of people, myself included found the regular Sonic parts of Sonic Unleashed to be entirely lacking and sustainable only because it outshined an inferior part of the game provided by the werehog shit. As a standalone game, Sonic Unleshed - Werehog would still be a bland, generally uninspired game held together only by flashy visuals and cheap nostalgia.

Not really. A lot of people, myself included found the regular Sonic parts of Sonic Unleashed to be entirely lacking and sustainable only because it outshined an inferior part of the game provided by the werehog shit. As a standalone game, Sonic Unleshed - Werehog would still be a bland, generally uninspired game held together only by flashy visuals and cheap nostalgia.

Oh, well i disagree.

You know, I really don't see why Charmy, Vector, and Amy are on the list. I can understand that they're trying to boot out all of the new, less liked characters, but they've been around since the Genesis days.

Oh well. Even if I get my fix of oldschool Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles gaming, I won't mind Amy not being around. :P

Why is E102 not on this list? He's probably the coolest character. Something about character development and how none of the other characters have very much.

... which means they would have to work harder on the game then they intended. Which is basically what the paragraph under that comment was talking about.

If they could've just "worked harder" and done more levels then shouldn't they have just been able to "work harder" on the night levels? So basically half of it would've been crap anyway.