A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic 4 Thread

Slingerland

Da hell?

The mere fact that they're doing this makes me wonder about the true nature of this game. At least they made it easy to narrow down by listing a bunch of characters nobody cares about. *shrugs*

I'm guessing Tails and Knuckles will be playable, since they are saying OMG OLD SCHOOL FUCK YEA! so much that they'll be there by default.

I really don't care who they put in as long as it's not a completely new awesome Sonic character in Sega's usual style or Big. I hated his levels in SA1 with a passion.

Maybe Sonic turns into a Werepikachu. Or a Sonichu.

ROFL

Anyway, I'm pretty sure Tails & Knuckles will be around, and the other characters will at least appear in a scene or two. The only problem would be a NEW MOTHERFUCKING CHARACTER.

"Mr. Needlemouse" is a bad sign right there...

Snagged from TSS's boards:

Considering a point earned removes a character' date=' we should assume that a bonus point equals another removal. Five days in a week, two possible removals a day = 10 removals from a list of 11 characters.[/quote']

So basically... This is like a trick challenge.

Yeah guys. I am 100% certain that the challenge will lead to only Sonic being left on the list, at which point they will use our extra "bonus" points to reveal some less than substantial fact about the game. Also, does anyone get the feeling that this game is being developed by Sega of America?

...or Big. I hated his levels in SA1 with a passion.
What the dipshits SHOULD be doing is straightforward asking us who we like and dont like so we dont have to look at big the stupid fucking cat anymore.

It'll probably end up being just Sonic... but what does it matter? I never really loved Big's levels but I maybe enjoyed playing them more than I've enjoyed playing entire Sonic games as of late. Forgive me if I'm being stupid, but I'm more willing to play an entire game as Big the Cat that controls well than I am to play a game starring only Sonic that insists on suspending me in midair over a massive ocean on yet another random, slippery, floating rail.

Also, this whole Needlemouse deal. It's kind of infuriating, no? I mean props to trying to get people excited, but I'm hoping this is at least a full year a way if they can't comply with my wish to hole themselves away spending the next 3 years developing the next one.

Also, this whole Needlemouse deal. It's kind of infuriating, no?

Yeah, it is. Its like they're trying to make it sound like its gonna be the greatest comeback ever or something. They should be very tired of disappointing people.

And seriously, SONIC ONLY is not the fucking point. The point is, we dont CAARREEE about the stupid characters they keep adding onto the series. They dont understand that they are just not fun to play with.

And even the characters aren't the problem. Its the fact they keep using them as an excuse to bullshit development processes. The first 2 sonic adventures were the only games were the different gameplay styles even felt legit, and even THEN people still wanted the sonic levels. Unleashed comes out with the coolest looking sonic levels ever, and they use the werehog to halfass that game as well. Now the franchise runs the risk of those fucking dumbasses bringing the WEREHOG back, apparently according to sega.

They're just stupid. I stopped caring about how they fuck themselves over y e a r s ago. Its pointless to believe in them without first playing the game. (And even that shit doesnt work anymore. Unleashed has a demo with a pretty speed level, and then you buy the game to find out you really just bought God of Werehog with speed minigames. I dont care for spectulation on how sonic team is going to screw up anymore. The way it works? The very first full level footage will dictate the quality of the whole game.