A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic 4 Thread

Slingerland

Today, we are about to break the trend that has continued on for many years.

We're making a good Sonic game!

To the thousands of you out there asking for a game where Sonic is the only playable character – rejoice. As of today, your wish has been granted.

Oh. Thank you, Sega. Thank you sooooo much! You've graced us by answering our prayers by doing what every good developer should do: listen to the fans! Clearly, all this awful crap since Sonic Adventure was a test of my faith! And sure, Unleashed also starred technically just Sonic as a playble character, and Secret Rings too, so it's not really anything to be excited about, and this is your third reboot, but condescending us with this stupid publicity stunt has totally won me over!

TL;DR: what's the big deal, Sega?

Well, the fans wanted it too. And once Mega Man 9 came out, lots of people said "DO THAT SEGA".

But it doesn't change the fact that Sega's track record has been pathetic lately (poor programming, poor design, poor ports, poor revivals).

Sega needs to prove (to me, at least), that they can still make good games, period.

Well, the fans wanted it too. And once Mega Man 9 came out, lots of people said "DO THAT SEGA".

But it doesn't change the fact that Sega's track record has been pathetic lately (poor programming, poor design, poor ports, poor revivals).

Sega needs to prove (to me, at least), that they can still make good games, period.

Mega Man 9 would at least sell you the option to play as Protoman.

Also, if you need proof of SEGA being able to make good games, check out Valkyria Chronicles and Bayonetta. Of course, that isn't Sonic team... but the point still stands. They have good people.