A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

New Sonic 2D game (Project Needlemouse)

DimensionWarped

The hype has worn off me. Maaaaan, this shit will probably fucked up and be Sonic Rush.

I call it right now.

I call that every level will be filled with meaningless dash pads and other speed-enhancing "gimmicks"!

-continues to work on english homework-

EDIT: yay I finished my english homework!

1) Sonic Cycle

2) They said they listened to fans when making Unleashed

3) "Needlemouse" scares, it reminds me of Speedy Gonzales, and in turn, the silhouette looked like Sonic was wearing a sombrero for a moment (don't ask. I just woke up when I saw this).

My advice: consider it shit until proven otherwise.

EDIT: http://www.needlemouse.com/

I'm pretty dubious about this, but what concerns me is they claim this thing'll be out in 2010.

So either they've been working on this for longer than we think - or, and sadly more likely, is that they've only just started (or worse, not yet started) on development for this project.

If it is the latter case, then it's not a surprise really. SEGA seem to hold the whole thing in contempt nowadays.

All vague there, ila. Could be SEGA, could be not.

Anyway, if this is just a Sonic 1 HD remake... could be interesting.

The date of creation though might lend some credence to the HD remake possibility.

That said, it does say "all new" on the video trailer. So are SEGA lying?

No, if it were SEGA, they wouldn't be using dreamhost. Dreamhost is used by SFGHQ among others. Or at least, I'm pretty sure it has been in the past.

Maybe it's a subtle hint that they've been reading our forums and decided to listen to our rebellious voices!

No, if it were SEGA, they wouldn't be using dreamhost. Dreamhost is used by SFGHQ among others. Or at least, I'm pretty sure it has been in the past.

Exactly. Its probably just someone from retro or something. Which was my point. Until you see an official logo, just ignore it. Now excuse me, I'm going back to playing Dark Cloud 2. (Also school)

I was suprised by this, however I have no faith in the Sonic Team. If they couldn't get it COMPLETELY right with Sonic Rush (which is by far their very best effort in recent years) then what in the hell - right after the release of sonic and the black knight - will lead me to beleive in the slightest that this game will be ten times better? The genesis games after all, were near perfection.

To be fair, I don't fault them for Sonic Rush. From what I remember, I don't think it was pushed as being a "back to roots" game. And, at the very least, I'm almost certain it was never the source of seemingly outright lies and deceit the way Sonic NextGen was.

Despite it's many problems, Sonic Rush was the most fun I'd had with a Sonic game. Certainly had it's fair share of level design issues, but it was still enjoyable and, as Flame said, they put the effort into it, regardless of how new school it may have been.

Sonic Rush was the most fun I've had out of a Sonic game lately, despite it's many problems. It did it's own thing.

I preferred SRA over the first one, but yes I had fun with them too. Yeah there were problems here and there, but overall I had fun too.

Anyway, super excited for this new game. Just a question, when does TGS start up this year? I just want to know so I can expect leaks to appear all over the internet a week in advance in true SEGA fashion :P...that is if this game is even gonna be there.