A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

New Sonic 2D game (Project Needlemouse)

DimensionWarped

i only hear complains when a new game of sonic comes out, some others are skepticals, others has a well balanced opinion in the matter, and others just starts to get hype about it, i dunno my opinion is i like it very much the classics, also im one of the many that want to see more of the classics in a next gen fashion, but if you think about it the classics are classics, is no fun to just live in the classics, or get mad about a crappy game, if is a crappy game then say it when the game comes out, that bunch of crap that "if is another game with 30 new characters and glitches all around im done with it" is just that, a bunch of crap, because Sega isn't gonna to stop to make crappy games because you get mad about it, why? because like many people here says "is all about buisness" nobody is bashing at the racing game of sonic, of course they did at first because they think that the game was going to be a mario kart ripoff, but if you think about it there was a ripoff of that game and it was called Sonic Drift, Sonic Drift and Super Mario Kart was the same thing, i dunno about the power ups all around the course but, it was the same thing afterwards, and man that was when Sega was in the console war, and now Sega is doing the RingEdge and the RingWide, so if Needlemouse is going to be only in HD i highly doubt that is going to be only for the "Next Gen" consoles, excluding the Wii of course, who knows maybe is going to be a exclusive only for those consoles that Sega has in the making, and if it does, do you guys remember Sonic but in a Sega console? i mean the time when Sonic was only for Sega Megadrive, Sega Genesis, Sega 32x and so on...

In short, dont just say "bah another crappy sonic game with 30 new characters all called with metals names, and a soup of glitches ready to eat"

im not saying be optimistic, but man there are more than the negative side of this, my opinion i like the classics, but no one lives only with the classics, my only hope is that this game actually is going to got a PC port or something, like the new Racing game of sonic, because buying a Next Gen console in this country is like winning the lotto, and another thing that i really do not want is just HD sprites in a paper world like Paper Mario, something like the Daytime stages of Sonic Unleashed, because sonic isn't a paper mario to just throw a bunch a HD sprites made in photoshop or something in the fashion, something fresh, new, but also keeping the classics looks, but if it was just that i will buy it anyway XDD

First of all, no one's even going to read that,

and second of all, SEGA's got a crap reputation now. Not even a port of SA2:B on the Xbox 360 and PS3 can get them out of this shitload. I'm suprised ppl still buy their games.

First of all, no one's even going to read that,

and second of all, SEGA's got a crap reputation now. Not even a port of SA2:B on the Xbox 360 and PS3 can get them out of this shitload. I'm suprised ppl still buy their games.

Umm, no, Sega has a crap reputation regarding Sonic. As far as everything else goes, they're doing pretty good.

Umm, no, Sega has a crap reputation regarding Sonic. As far as everything else goes, they're doing pretty good.

No, they're fucking over Phantasy Star too. (if you dont have a PSP, that is... Phantasy Start Portable 2 is going to be the best thang smokin when it comes out)

Sweet fuckin tits, guys!

Do you realize that this entire bitchfest is stemming from one announcement and a teaser video with no in-game footage?

1. Denial

2. Anger

3. Bargaining

4. Depression

5. Acceptance

we're somewhere inbetween 1 and 2. Dont worry it'll get far worse.