A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Fate of the Master Emerald

Blue Emerald

Slingerland: It's the spires behind the island, isn't it? Those came from my Summer Forest Act 3 background, but I'll alter it if you want me to.

Rael: That's true, but that's the beauty of having a Sonic 2-Sonic 3 hybrid sprite. If I need to use an animation from Sonic 3, I can easily alter the sprite to look more like Sonic 2, and vice-versa.

Score is currently New: 2, Old: 2.

ZFG: Thank you for helping out; that sprite looks nice. :) I took a few of your ideas into consideration. The only thing I didn't like was the huge amount of shine. The details were very cool, but I'm afraid that might take me even longer to edit all of those details in. Also, people who don't like the S3 sprite don't tend to like the plastic look that Sonic was given. Maybe I could use those for a future 32X project, but unless you'd be interested in helping me to sprite all 100+ Sonic frames in that style, I don't think I'll use it here. However, I did like some of those changes, and I kept those.

Ojdon: Fixed. Thanks for your opinion.

Here's the current new sprite. I'm going to keep the gloves the way they are, as I felt the original S1/2/CD gloves looked too small, and if you look at the artwork for Sonic CD, you'll notice that his hands are a little bigger than his chest, so the new style is more accurate to his Sonic CD artwork.

sonicCD3new2.png

Score is currently New: 4, Old: 5.

By the way, if you recently voted and want to change your opinion (i.e. you think the new sprite has improved or you finally decide Sonic 3's sprite will fit the game better), you can do so until the 15th vote has been counted. Only 6 more votes to go.

All right then, ZFG, you win -- as long as you're willing to share a Sonic CD spritesheet with me and help me to complete all the sprites in that style, then this style will work. It'll take too long with just me alone, and that's time I could be spending during this spring break working with Worlds.

But first, the new style has to win the poll. Still 6 votes left, and the score stands at Old: 5, New: 4. In the meantime, I'll update the new style on the poll to ZFG's sprite.