A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic Nexus 2008 Demo is Out

The Taxman

I hated them all. And i always wondered why the Past version of all the tracks sounded better, come to find out the past tracks were the only ones not changed.

But of course the past tracks sound better no matter which soundtrack you were going off. Doesn't matter, i hated time travel anyway.

That it is. I'm still loving how this is shaping out, especially after I played the demo a couple of times more.

I'm waiting for the sunshine boss. Hoping it'll be pretty awesome.

Also, the cutscene's absolutely fine. I wouldn't change anything, except maybe shorten the buzzbomber bit by a couple of seconds. Aside from that, what's wrong with it?

Best animated cutscene I've seen since Fated Hour.

Well, truth be told, I don't want any of the bosses to be easy like your typical first zone affairs... but I think I have a well-balanced plan for this one.

Go outside the box. Sonic becomes Super Sonic and goes into space to fight a giant spaceship. Thats not a typical first zone affair.

Go outside the box. Sonic becomes Super Sonic and goes into space to fight a giant spaceship. Thats not a typical first zone affair.

We are plowing the opposite end of that box. No Super Sonic fight ever. No stages in space. Last area involves a giant clock tower.

Don't worry, I promise you won't be disappointed.

Oh don't be sad. Doomsday Zone just isn't very fun and neither are any of the other Super Sonic fights from 2D games. Meanwhile the fights against the giant self-styled mechs at the end of Sonic 2 and S&K were simply breathtaking. We want more of that rather than some cheesy climax where you play the role of an invincible character against a vulnerable boss. As for the questions, yes, most likely yes, and expect Knuckles to show up both playable and in the logo later on.

I'm mad that you guys are getting times this low; I've yet to get under a minute. =/ ( finishes remains of homework so he can redo his runs )

Edit: Hey, did anyone notice how in the title screen, when Sonic blinks sometimes part of his eye graphic overlaps his wagging finger?