A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic: The Fated Hour - July 2009 Update

Well, the thing is about the camera... that's the case of testing stuff in a small test level. The REAL test is when you put this stuff in to an actual level. The camera obviously functioned fine in the test level where there weren't very many vertical drops, but the SAGE level has that massive loop and that big ramp down right at the start.

I was thinking I'd just leave it for now and fix it after SAGE, but if it bugs you guys that much I'll see what I can do about it.

not meaning to shit on your thread, but in a modding forum i visit, we have a thread where various chaps rent out their skills, perhaps a similar system would be good here?

anyway, do you have anything in particular planned for the SAGE demo? like a working shop or whatever? or are you keeping it under wraps? a mission system like your sonic '06 stuff wouldn't go amiss either, that had me playing for a while ;)

Well, a lot's been done since the Christmas demo. Amy's shop is there and some of it is functional, but most of it isn't. The big hurdle I've been trying to overcome is writing Sonic's status/equip menu so I can tie it to Amy's shop menu but I've had trouble muscling through it. Making the Christmas Demo was a massive boost in productivity for me because of all the feedback I got on the game, so I'm hoping making the SAGE demo will offer a similar boost.

Since Sonic's equip menu isn't functioning, I will be offering something to take its place: Loadouts. Since all of Sonic's skills are already written out and functioning, I plan on having a simple menu come up when you start the level asking you what equipment loadout you want. A loadout is basically a predetermined list of skills that Sonic will be equipped with for the duration of the demo.

There'll be 2-3 different loadouts to try, and I'm considering the possibility of a few secret ones to unlock, if I have the time to put them in there.