A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic: The Fated Hour - July 2009 Update

http://s203.photobucket.com/albums/aa30/BlazeHedgehog/?action=view&current=highscore.flv

Obviously I need to make it record the time rather than the score for the Time Attack Record, but here's the high score thing. Ignore the Sonic CD image at the start, that was just so I could test it against a screenshot of something.

Also, it could use some transitions. :P

Image11.jpg

Time is running out, but I think I can make it. Though the PC isn't really helping me too much. It's not even hot out today and it's bitching and trying to blue screen. But unless I'm on today, I only get to work on the demo a few hours a night, and when I have to sprite so much stuff, that's not possible...

Edit: Okay, the music isn't playing for me.

I'm having a similar problem as well, at first it was working fine until I beat the level the first time and now the music won't play and it won't go full screen anymore...

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm, Ogg Vorbis requires some filters to play on DirectShow based players. Not sure what you're using to play 'em in MMF but you may need to get some additional stuff installed to let them play using external things like Media Player

If it hasn't already been suggested, check out http://www.xiph.org/dshow/ and grab the Illiminable DirectShow Filters

If that doesn't work? Hmm.

You mean you unlocked whoaz, no power Super Sonic. Pretty useless really. I don't think I ever got more than are 9 seconds of use out of the bastard.

That's sort of the point. :D Keep in mind, though, the more Chaos Emeralds you have, the larger Sonic's Power Meter is.

Though I have changed some stuff a little bit. I made a happy accident regarding how combos work when I was re-arranging the HUD. I moved where the combo text was and to test the position I made each ring Sonic collects add 1 to the combo meter. What basically ensued was me implementing Time Attacked's Link system and I think I actually want to keep it.

On the up side, this means that you can now get combos in to the 60's and 70's. Each time you destroy an enemy, the amount of energy restored to the power meter is multiplied by the combo meter, so this may make that style of Super Sonic much more interesting. I'm thinking of making the amount of energy rings give to the power meter dependant on the combo meter, too.

That is, however, not the "real" Super Sonic. It's Super Sonic, yes, but I think I've mentioned before that I have a few tricks up my sleeve that aren't available when you have "Power Conversion" equipped.

Huh, I've gotta try that some time.

IMO it somehow feels more fullfilling playing a game on a TV screen instead of a PC one.

Probably because it looks and feels more natural since the games are normally for a console, not that you can't use a PC monitor for gaming.

For what? The whole game? I don't know. I haven't built any levels but the SAGE demo level. :P

The MFA for the SAGE demo is 16.4mb.

Edit: Oh! For those of you who want to mess around more with Super Sonic, you can exploit a bug I forgot to fix regarding him - if you're almost out of power, just open the menu. As long as you sit on the menu, Sonic's power will rapidly recharge back to full. However, while this happens, Sonic's rings will begin to count down.