A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic: The Fated Hour - July 2009 Update

Maybe you should take a look at the example program I made. It seems that I can change the pallet at any time I want, the only problem is fully animated sprites that have no one pixel the same color on any frame of animation. Just take a look, while I find a way to fix that problem.

Custom Pallet Engine

Here

This pallet system if free for anyone to use, just make sure you credit me.

Maybe you should take a look at the example program I made. It seems that I can change the pallet at any time I want, the only problem is fully animated sprites that have no one pixel the same color on any frame of animation. Just take a look, while I find a way to fix that problem.

Pallet tut

Here

This pallet system if free for anyone to use, just make sure you credit me.

Yoink!

Thanks.

The problem with animations like sonic's shoes is that you'll have to track the pixel color you want to change for every frame of the animation, it may be tricky but it can be done. That is untill I find a way to just get the color data you need with out having to find it via X Y.

edit: SOLVED!!

use above download link or this one here to redownload it.

Check above download links, I've fixed the animation problem! YAY! I'm so happy! It is now commented too.

Maybe this tut should now go on the main site's tutorial section.

@Azu you mite want to, "Yoink!" it again, LOL.

So before I go back to doing the palette shoes thing I decided to try and finish Sonic's equip menu.

menu-2.png

I'm rather stumped at how to lay the damn thing out. It always feels like I have too much empty space - or too much clutter. Or the text is too big. Etc. Never a happy balance. And it's pissing me off. Obviously, the above image doesn't have any of the actual menu stuff, just the window dressing.

(Yes, for now, Sonic's menu art is out - I'll force myself to find a place for it eventually, make no mistake)

So before I go back to doing the palette shoes thing I decided to try and finish Sonic's equip menu.

[qimg]http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa30/BlazeHedgehog/menu-2.png[/qimg]

I'm rather stumped at how to lay the damn thing out. It always feels like I have too much empty space - or too much clutter. Or the text is too big. Etc. Never a happy balance. And it's pissing me off. Obviously, the above image doesn't have any of the actual menu stuff, just the window dressing.

(Yes, for now, Sonic's menu art is out - I'll force myself to find a place for it eventually, make no mistake)

As far as I can tell, that actually looks fine. However, I could get a better opinion if I could see the actual menu. (Or at least a mock-up.)

I've had cables caught in the fans before and it doesn't sound like this. It seriously sounds like a fan gear under stress.

Do the other thing I suggested, then. I've had a similar a few weeks ago and I fixed the problem with good ol' 3 in 1.

Sometimes the lubricant in the fan dries (cheap fans tend to do that a lot xD) and they starts to produce that horrible buzz. Once you drop a good amount of oil, as I'll ease the fan movement and make everything go fine (and stop that buzzy sound). I'm pretty sure your fans will get alive again.

You can only hold one power-up in your item slot at a time. It's cruel, I know, but I don't want players tooling around the game loaded with a stream of 40 shields they can use whenever.

As for what Sonic will have equipped at any given time, only Amy's shop menu will run from external files, because I want the ability to adjust prices as I make the game (to adjust for how many rings the player will have), without having to edit the prices in every individual frame.

What Sonic has bought will be stored in an object via flags.