A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic: The Fated Hour - July 2009 Update

Your game is starting more and more to look like the greatest fangame ever, blaze. I love your attention to the seemingly little things that make or break the presentation, such as the breakable wall code and the implementation of the menus.

And now Blaze has entered the terrifying if not hilarious world of writing descriptions for inventory items :P

It can only end in tears :P

It's funny 'cause I was thinking of Disgaea 2 while writing some of those. I actually tangentially knew the guy who wrote a lot of those. He was part of the same forum community I went to (Penny-Arcade, goes/went by the name of Houk).

Infact, one of the item descriptions in Disgaea 2 is a reference to the Penny-Arcade community. There was a forumer there with the name "Raijin Quickfoot". One of the items in Disgaea 2 is the "Raijin Bow". The item's description is, "Its arrows are loud of voice, quick of foot."

It's funny 'cause I was thinking of Disgaea 2 while writing some of those. I actually tangentially knew the guy who wrote a lot of those. He was part of the same forum community I went to (Penny-Arcade, goes/went by the name of Houk).

Infact, one of the item descriptions in Disgaea 2 is a reference to the Penny-Arcade community. There was a forumer there with the name "Raijin Quickfoot". One of the items in Disgaea 2 is the "Raijin Bow". The item's description is, "Its arrows are loud of voice, quick of foot."

Oh snap, that's awesome. ;_;

ill never understand what the big deal about Penny Arcade is.

Well, I can't blame you now. Gabe and Tycho have been so damn busy with everything (PAX, having their first kids, making their game) that it seems to be having an adverse effect on the comic. It's been more hit-or-miss than usual for months now.

And the forum? Don't get me started on the forum. There's a reason a large sect of the Penny-Arcade forum community broke off and started Platformers.net a year ago - but that's a long story; not one for a thread about TFH.

Sorry I haven't posted an update in a while. I got inspired to do a Machinima in Garry's Mod and my rampant perfectionism has made me film, re-film, and re-re-film over 30gb of footage in the last 3 days while I put together what should've been something short and simple.

I hate to bump this again without any actual updates, but the machinima I mentioned a few days ago was finally finished uploaded, and actually got front page'd on GarrysMod.com.

I'm planning on swapping an old PSU of mine for a new one sometime either tonight or tomorrow, so if I vanish... I screwed something up. Don't worry, I just made a fresh backup of TFH last night in preperation.

Still have quite a ways to go yet, but it's getting there...

Incidentally, when it shows the controls, it actually shows you something different if you have it set to keyboard - so it always shows you which controls are the correct controls.

Unless you change the keyboard config, but why would you want to do that? ;P

Also Photobucket screwed up and encoded a still image way too quickly; I viewed a hint I wasn't supposed to (I was just cycling through them real quick) and I replaced that hint with a blank screen that says, "Whoops! You aren't supposed to see this hint.")

But for some reason it just flashes for a split second and the audio glitches.