A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Free models! [Request Thread]

SefirothDB

freemodelsbh7.jpg

-"its time for me to live up to my family name and face full life consequences"

So far:

([U]Complete[/U])Geona: [URL="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v327/SefirothDB/Renders/dopefish.gif"]Dopefish [/URL]
([U]Complete[/U])TRD: [URL="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v327/SefirothDB/Renders/TRD.gif"]Character[/URL]
([U]Complete[/U])Zenor: [URL="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v327/SefirothDB/Renders/Zenor_bomberman.gif"]Bomberman[/URL]
---
([B]In progress[/B])DW: Okami styled unicorn
([I]Pending[/I])Dr Mecha: Character drawing thing i dunno wat
([I]Pending[/I])Azu: (need to contact via AIM)
([I]Pending[/I])Dami:Pedobear lol
([I]Pending[/I])Streak: (new assignement)
([I]Pending[/I])LinkG07: Fancharacter thingamajig
([I]Pending[/I])Aerosol: McLaren car
([I]Pending[/I])Duckboy: idem
([I]Pending[/I])Eminence: Fancharacter thingamajig #2
([I]Pending[/I])SonicProject: (unstated?)
([I]Pending[/I])Serephim: (unstated)
[/CODE]

-------------------

I'm not taking anymore requests from now on, simply because I'm starting to be afraid I'll get overloaded and fail to complete existing petitions. If I can get these finished I'll probably do some more. People who post requests from now on won't get a model ever, just to show how fundamental is reading.

-------------------

(aka the request thread as promised)

I said I'd do it and here it is. [b]Basically you're going to tell me what to model and I'll put up the resulting mesh in a compatible format[/b] (probably .obj) up for grabs in this very thread. Let's see if there's actually anyone interested.

I'm not promising I'll do *everything* you guys come out with, neither am I specifying when I'll have it done but you can rest assured I'll try my best. Can't predict unexpected bad happenings in real life you know.

Stuff to be aware of before asking:

- [b]I'm NOT redoing nor giving away my most recent shit[/b]. So no you [b]cannot [/b]use this to beg me for my Mecha Sonic or Robotnik or candy and sunshine models.

- [b]Try to keep it reasonable.[/b] I'm a fairly limited modeler in training, so the more complex and alien (alien as in: "stuff i'm not used to"), the harder it'll be for me to pull out a satisfying result. On the other hand, I might find original or exotical designs more appealing. I can *try* characters, objects, environments, whatever, but asking me to make the fucking sistine chapel will only net you a middle finger >:P

- The more [b]specific [/b]you are, the better. References to go by if available (ie: pics) are pretty much mandatory but I can do with a well crafted description. If you want a lowpoly mesh I'll need a triangle maximum to work with.

- If the resulting model disappoints you, then tell me why it sucks and how to fix it so I get better and don't disappoint anymore. Again, I am a noob modeler: [b]I WILL make mistakes :<[/b]

- No adult crap. Sorry but I don't feel like modeling [b]penises[/b].

- Also I'll be changing priorities at will. Might want to tackle on a particular model first or get the easiest ones out of the way. So I can keep this enjoyable.

- One last thing: SFGHQ regulars only. This is something I'm doing for the community.

Okay guys let's see what you want and I'll see what I can do. And don't get mad if I choose to do that other guy's petition rather than yours - I plan on taking various requests, just one at a time. Assuming someone's actually interested in this.

I'll be posting WIP shots of the mesh+wireframes as I go on, to keep the thread alive and so people can tell me what I'm doing right and what I'm doing wrong.

Gogogo

bman.rar

Dopefish.rar

TRD.rar

.....You're sure you got the time, because if you do I want you to model this character that I created for my personal game project of mine. The amount of polygons/triangles should be less than 5,000, but you don't have to texture it though.

post-1604-138639761563_thumb.jpg

Guys, I think he just wants serious requests. Correct me if I'm wrong, SefDB.

Yeah, I'm going to actually work ( D: ) on them. Of course ideally all the responses would be joke requests so I didn't have to do shit and would still have fulfilled the promise of taking requests.

That being said, I *think* besides zenor everyone was being srs.

@TRD: Hires or lowpoly? Any limitations I should know?

@DW: lol unicorn - we'll see. I think I should get sistar advice for this one.

@Dr.Mecha: I do have the time as of now. Can't say if a nuclear attack will keep me busy hunting rats and dodging deathclaws for survival though. In that case I might have to postpone this a little!

Um... I'm not joking. Not in the usual style... sort of like a Clydesdale with really crazy feet and mane. I'd say around 4000-5000 polygons too. I'd be fine with doing the material work (in fact, I'm somewhat particular on the coloring) and skeleton myself.

It's for a mini-project I want to work on... obviously influenced by Okami.

Is it possible for us to have our requested models rigged with animation?

Depends on the model and how confident I am of the animation thingie. We'll see after I'm done with the current requests.

Hey Sef, hows... er... "Project C" going?

Project C was the death ray powered by zombie kitten tears or the joint effort with the Frobozz Company to allow energy extraction from orphans?

Sef, make that Pedobear model I told you. I have great plans for it :D

doc46143021cbbe65135661oi8.jpg

oh hey why don't you take a seat over there

K I'm posting some pics so you see I'm not being lazy all the time. It's very early work so save the bitching for later

trd001.gif

Preliminary geometry work for trd's thing, it's missing a lot of stuff (head aside, I'll do that later) and proportions (I usually fix proportions at the end of the modeling) and shit. But I have to start from something. The chest hair I'll do with opacity maps for which I've set the base mesh already.

I'll keep it at a mid-high polycount then I can scale down as desired. It's at like 5000 tris now. Look at those fucking shoes, god damn if I add more polygons there they're gonna explode.

dpfish001.gif

The dopefish thing. Again, very preliminary, just started shaping the mesh. Tail fin needs to get the vertices fixed and while I don't foresee the eyes being too much of an issue, the mouth is gonna give me hell. 1500 tris right now. No poly count given = sef spends polys generously.

also the references are inconsistent on a retarded level.

And lastly I decided to spend 10 minutes trying to emulate the okami ink shading

lolkami.gif

epic teapot omg

DW: I haven't started yours yet (2 at a time is enough for now), but I'll try my best when I do. I'm having my sister give me some references to work with, she has mad skills and a lot of practice in the area. Hopefully that'll let me pull out a decent model.

• Like 1

Completed it in a rush right now

dopefish.gif

Geona sez it's good to go so mission accomplised. Also fuck the references I had to improvise a lot because they didn't match asdfasdfsdafadfsdaf

One down, a shitload more to go. I should theoretically have TRD's done tomorrow then I'll move onwards.

Also made a list at the opening post to keep track.

And lastly I decided to spend 10 minutes trying to emulate the okami ink shading

lolkami.gif

epic teapot omg

DW: I haven't started yours yet (2 at a time is enough for now), but I'll try my best when I do. I'm having my sister give me some references to work with, she has mad skills and a lot of practice in the area. Hopefully that'll let me pull out a decent model.

I'm already totally crushin'.