A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

The Incredible Hype Machine

Slingerland

Guys, guys, who the hell cares? Do you guys have nothing better to do then stop the mindless hype of an overly ambitious fan project?

Who's to say it'll fail anyways? It's like the negativity police over here. I mean, I didn't read all of those LONG ASS ramblings on there to see if maybe he was comparing himself to other amazing projects which somehow deemed you guys worthy of kicking him down a few pegs, but geez. You gotta let people have dreams sometimes, let them learn from their own mistakes instead of destroying their careless ambition.

Hero, if you would have been here long enough, you'd understand.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"with redsonic on textures" -Khorney

For serious? That's interesting enough.

"Plus I already have a Sonic voice, although I'm sure he'd stand aside if the real voice of Sonic himself joined." -ExShad

...Oh my gawsh.

After taking a look at that environment video, all I can say is "wow." I almost feel bad for his"team." =/

in his opening post:

The gameplay is the only part of the project I'm not directing; dejai is. He is single-handedly making the demo, and I'm confident in his abilities. We also have some other Sonic fan game stars on the team. For example, Deltaspeeds, who created Sonic Action, is helping out, and Redsonic is working on the textures.

and he mentions it in following posts aswell

Let me see. He has three guys on his team, and he has started on this a few weeks ago. So far, he has promised 19 zones, all original music, graphics, and much more, enough to amount to more than a complete Sonic Adventure game.

Bull. Shit. This is never going to happen, not in a million years. The demo was TERRIBLE in itself. You have non functioning, terrible looking bridges and a lifeguard stand. Most hype I have ever seen in my life, and coming from a member such as ExShad. Hell, not even all of the higher ups on this forum could pull off a project this big in 5 years of development.

Whoa... He promised that much? That's a bit... much... Even if it were a 2d fangame...

Ok, what I saw from that video... not to brag or anything, but I did better 3d area design in just 10 minutes of messing with 3dGamestudio... Now, I know that the editor's better than Blender, but...

When I made something that I was decently proud of, I noticed how long it took... Yes, a whole month to make a small sized area, with texturing and details, and my favorite thing of all, lighting the area, as I loved lighting, shadowing, and good textures. And I didn't even start any real coding yet. Then my harddrive crashed, and where I was in expertise, I didn't have any clue how to recover (would have been simple for me if it was anytime in the past 5 years, but...) and was heartbroken...

But in order for me to make a sizable level with as much detail as I personally like would have taken a really, really long time, as it already does relatively with even 2d fangames, say, about a month of QA time... You give each level enough time and no matter how simple they seem, they'll all feel brilliant...

Start with a smaller focus, say, 2-3 zones. there are few (ie. 1) good 3d fangames out there, and having a short, but extremely sweet game would be more impressive than anything else... Quality is definitely greater than quantity... See much PS2's game library...

Put in a lot of detail, spend time on each level, love them long time, and you can churn out a great fangame... But you'll still have the programming to do...

I don't want to say it but... Daikatana had lofty goals too. They were confident... Same with Sonic Nex Gen...

EXshad probably won't read this at all, so I'm basically talking to this robot EXshad over here...

Probably Zonar, last time I saw his game, it looked really bland and lame. Especially his BGs.

http://www.soniccagedome.com/forums/...ead.php?t=1780

Wow, only 1 post. That is both sad, and hilarious.

Zonar?

I can remember that he had posted an editable version from Revolution. Later he posted an update with no musics, that resulted in tons of file errors (caused by absence of external sound files). ¬¬

DW and I were talking about how great Exshad's game looks.

Rael0505: so how about that exshad

Hero Shadow: Oi

Rael0505: i just can't wait to see a demo, he's so good

Hero Shadow: Makes me feel real dumb.

Rael0505: bet you wish you were good like him, huh

Hero Shadow: Oh yes.

Hero Shadow: Well, maybe I'll stop feeling quite so dirty in the morning.

Rael0505: rumor has it he'll even have leebro doin shit for him

Hero Shadow: And David Humphrey. And lets throw in Ryan Drummond for good measure since he already stated that the voice actors could get in a lot of trouble for doing voice work of the characters without SEGA's permission.

Rael0505: it's damned worth it for a project like this

Rael0505: ryan dummond would no doubt sacrifice himself for the sake of exshad's game's completion

Hero Shadow: Oh yes. Did you see that fucking awesome level design? best ever.

Rael0505: as any other man with some sense would

Rael0505: yeah i know right, the whole bridge idea

Hero Shadow: It clearly is sybological of Sonic's inner-struggle with his dark-side.

@Ila

Real mature

You know Midiman agreed with me, this whole thing is just stupid and elitist. Why do you guys care? Do you feel somehow threatened by him? Honestly, it's pathetic for you to even waste your time on this. It's like a 6th grader telling a kindergardener that his fingerpainting sucks. Gimmie a break guys. Maybe if you really had nobel intentions, you would've pm'd him first instead of trying to embarrass him.

It's like a 6th grader telling a kindergardener that his fingerpainting sucks.

Yes, a kindergardener who thinks he can become an artist when he grows up by fingerpainting, being told his painting sucks by a 6th grader who was once a kindergardener who thought he could become an artist when he grew up by fingerpainting. Understand now?

There are 3 possible outcomes from this...

1) He eventually realizes how unrealistic this project is and learns from the experience (Hi DW!)

2) He Makes a kickass project that leave everyone floored (in universe A, that is... Since we're in Universe 1)

3) He asplodes

Taking votes now... Anyone voting 1 is overly optimistic...

Its better to burn out than fade away, which is why I vote for...

4) He fades away.

As opposed to

5) He ingests Code Red Mountain Dew until he ascends the mortal plane of existence and while under his caffeine overdose learns how to not suck and actually makes the game. Time then slows back to the normal uncondensed phase for him and he has a heart attack just before he can finish hosting his complete game.

Actually, I feel rather hypocritical over it. Afterall, I bit people's heads off for the same shit I'm doing to this guy... but at the same time, I'm the only one as far as I know to take something like that and actually run with it for a few years, so I feel obligated to say whats what.

I really owe Luckett an apology.

Guest Shadix

woot DW2... oh and

and Redsonic is working on the textures

This project is pissing me off if only because this "professional assistance" on such an unreliable project\person is going to do nothing but create distrust in freelancer fangamers. I don't think he realizes completely that his actions are setting an example for the entire community.

Did any of you guys catch what exactly HIS role was in the project?