A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

The Incredible Hype Machine

Slingerland

EXshad's Sonic Revolution project went over the Sonic stadium at 88 miiiiiiles per hoooour. I would like everybody to just read the following thread when you have some free time and just...scratch your head in confusion (or go "lol" if you're one of those kind of people).

http://www.sonicstadium.org/board/index.php?showtopic=29042

Read the whole thread and look on in amazement. DW and I both get involved in choice areas to keep him in check, but it is to no avail.

Sonic Revoution's hype is the largest that I have ever seen in my internet life. It is the new DimensionWarped.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there any particular reason I had to download the entire workspace just to play the game? Does this guy have no idea what he's doing? He doesn't say anything about an open-source release, but I sure as hell can see all 20 lines of using a library to create a window and draw a model and all 100 or so lines of cout. Amazing. Not to mention every single library file and... meshes and textures of objects that aren't even used in the demo? wtf?

Let me see. He has three guys on his team, and he has started on this a few weeks ago. So far, he has promised 19 zones, all original music, graphics, and much more, enough to amount to more than a complete Sonic Adventure game.

Bull. Shit. This is never going to happen, not in a million years. The demo was TERRIBLE in itself. You have non functioning, terrible looking bridges and a lifeguard stand. Most hype I have ever seen in my life, and coming from a member such as ExShad. Hell, not even all of the higher ups on this forum could pull off a project this big in 5 years of development.

PM to the guy from me.

I'm not trying to get ya down, and I'd love to see your game completed as much as the next guy...

Its the way your going about this is what people are having a problem with...or at least myself...

You don't just start a topic with ideas and very little work, hyping up some huge giant project, and then tell everyone theres only 3 people working on it, and the goal of your topic is to get people to help out...

Your going to get alot of idiot's who are going to jump at the opportunity because they don't know any better - and their not gonna get you anywhere... Just lotsa resources , and still no actual Game...

---> People want to know they are investing their time into your project wisely... You have to have some kind of initial evidence of a WORKING GAME... not a 3D environment, I could have made that itty-bitty 3d area... I do more than just music...

So I'm not impressed, personally, with just a 3d environment, not even getting into the lack of quality because its still being made, so you have time to get rid of your placeholder graphics.

But to show off a game, you have to have some kind of "game" not just an environment.

If you continue down this path, your going to hire on a bunch of low-rate, unprofessional, unskilled people onto your team - and your game is going to fail.

Guys, guys, who the hell cares? Do you guys have nothing better to do then stop the mindless hype of an overly ambitious fan project?

Who's to say it'll fail anyways? It's like the negativity police over here. I mean, I didn't read all of those LONG ASS ramblings on there to see if maybe he was comparing himself to other amazing projects which somehow deemed you guys worthy of kicking him down a few pegs, but geez. You gotta let people have dreams sometimes, let them learn from their own mistakes instead of destroying their careless ambition.

You gotta let people have dreams sometimes, let them learn from their own mistakes instead of destroying their careless ambition.

Because it's much better to sit there and know with confidence that they'll end up as worse off as you instead of doing something about it...

... Yeah...

HS (herosublime), it started off with DW warning Exshad about what he's getting himself into. Then Exshad acted like a dick to DW and that pissed everyone else off. I think it's more of the fact that we don't like Exshad for being arrogant/dumb than anything else.

HS (herosublime), it started off with DW warning Exshad about what he's getting himself into. Then Exshad acted like a dick to DW and that pissed everyone else off. I think it's more of the fact that we don't like Exshad for being arrogant/dumb than anything else.

qft00.gif

QFT FROM THE YEAR TWO THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND.

nbc_conan_2078_y2k_20060421_2255.jpg

i read the first and the last two pages, and i think that pretty much gave a good overview, with redsonic on textures and a seemly imaginary 'deltasonic' working on the rest of the game making it AWSUM was a reciepe for disaster. IIRC he posted it at SCDTi, but nobody really cared....or that may have been a different sonic revolution....