A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

The Incredible Hype Machine

Slingerland

The gameplay: Sonic Revolution is being designed on Blender and is being programmed on Irrlicht. The gameplay is the only part of the project I'm not directing; dejai is. He is single-handedly making the demo, and I'm confident in his abilities. We also have some other Sonic fan game stars on the team. For example, Deltaspeeds, who created Sonic Action, is helping out, and Redsonic is working on the textures. Sonic will be the only playable character in single player mode, and there will be a multiplayer. Besides that, we're still working on the gameplay, so we can't reveal more on that yet. But I can say this: Super Sonic, along with Dark Sonic (Sonic after absorbing Negative Chaos energy) are being pushed to being fully playable.

After doing a little digging on Dejai (very little, more like just checking his youtube...), I realized...

I'm wrong. This is nothing like Dimension Warped. Dimension Warped was 99% hype and 1% substance. This is over 9000% hype.

Behold, this programmer who apparently has all the necessary experience needed to "beat" Sonic Team...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAw1g-nJNbE&mode=user&search=

Some fucking sweet models.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2xDN8t4rZg&mode=user&search=

An awesome demo of a Rugby game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkWwQHLMFVg&mode=user&search=

Some tight ass Irrlicht Source Code

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5IiuVMZlTc&mode=user&search=

Oh wait, holy shit! That actually looks good! Oh wait... its just somebody else's model in a map from Quake 3 running in Irrlicht. Still, it must have taken him years to acquire such skill.

I think this is a pretty closed case.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did any of you guys catch what exactly HIS role was in the project?

It's quite obvious that he's the Project Leader. His job description includes something like this:

Sit around hitting people with his ePenis on forums like Sonic Stadium where they don't realize what he's doing. No skill or previous experience required. High school dropout friendly!

>_>

Did any of you guys catch what exactly HIS role was in the project?

According to him he's the "idealist", the story come up with-er, and the promoter.

One thing I find interesting about his code, which is no doubt 99% tutorial by actual content, is the way he handles repeated menu choices with recursive calls:

bool faq() {
    cin >> choice;

switch(choice) {
        case 1:
            faq();
        case 2:
            faq();
        case 7:
            menu();
    }
}

etc.

No further than initializing the screen and he's already building an irreversible, indefinitely-growing call stack. (edit: the he in the top and the he in the bottom may be two different people, and, programming inexperience aside, I don't have any beef with the he in the bottom if they are)

According to him he's the "idealist", the story come up with-er, and the promoter.

One thing I find interesting about his code, which is no doubt 99% tutorial by actual content, is the way he handles repeated menu choices with recursive calls:

[I]terrible code...[/I]

etc.

No further than initializing the screen and he's already building an irreversible, indefinitely-growing call stack. (edit: the he in the top and the he in the bottom may be two different people, and, programming inexperience aside, I don't have any beef with the he in the bottom if they are)

STACK RAPE IS FUN!!!

After doing a little digging on Dejai (very little, more like just checking his youtube...), I realized...

I'm wrong. This is nothing like Dimension Warped. Dimension Warped was 99% hype and 1% substance. This is over 9000% hype.

Behold, this programmer who apparently has all the necessary experience needed to "beat" Sonic Team...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAw1g-nJNbE&mode=user&search=

I just saw this a couple of minutes ago, and I laughed so hard, I nearly pissed myself.

Awesome Sonic model. Rofl

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAw1g...e=user&search=

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2xDN... user&search=

An awesome demo of a Rugby game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkWwQ... user&search=

Some tight ass Irrlicht Source Code

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5Iiu... user&search=

Oh wait, holy shit! That actually looks good! Oh wait... its just somebody else's model in a map from Quake 3 running in Irrlicht. Still, it must have taken him years to acquire such skill.

I think this is a pretty closed case.

Neither a l33t understands the purpose of showing these senseless material >=/

Anyone who puts this much time into a fangame should be using their manpower to make a real game.

Not really, maybe developing a new engine or tech for much time, just for one goal, would be more useless.

And Sonic GL is the only 3D sonic project that was exceptional. Like, Exceptional Exceptional.

Sure, because that had gameplay.

On a related note, here's more hype!

Check this out:

Moar Internet Hype

So what is this? this guy is making a fangame in RpgmakerXP (RMXP), BASED on the Sonic HaloMod "Sonic the Hedgehog : Online"...

--> The video was created by SonicXtr3me, as a trailer for the game...

It's all fine and good, and everyone seems to love it right?

:tsleep: So I come walking in and see this video and instantly... I think I'm watching one of my own videos... because, low and behold - I made the following 7 months ago.

Sonic RM2k ABS Tech Demo 02 - By Huepow00

Now what is this? its a Sonic - Action Battle System engine I created for RPGMaker2000 7 months ago...

Why are both of these related to each other? - Because its an almost exact copy all prettied up and done on a newer RPGMaker.

The reason this piss's me off so much...the fact that he's basically standing over my hard work...even unknowingly... is his attitude...

I invite you to read the comments for this video...

Moar Internet Hype

I am the only one telling him it's not all that impressive, just a nicer looking version of something that's been done before.

I never got upset with him in any of my comments, and he got totally defensive of his "lack of work"errr game...

And ontop of it all, he's using Default Tilesets...the graphics that COME with the RMXP program.

I show him that basically he's using RMXP to create something the equivalent to the most that RM2k was capable of.

---> I removed his flames and spam from my own video...to which he responded thinking I was basing a fangame off of HIS work. (my old engine video)...

SO - Instead of taking my criticism and improving his game? - He feels defeated and says he wants to quit.

So, this idiot is making a fangame of a fangame?

Yarp. Huey showed me this yesterday and I lol'd myself back to the stone age. While I was there, I showed a caveman how to use the computer:

657977-md.jpg

So, by altering the past and making technology available millions of years ago, we should have hover cars and artificial intelligence in everything within the next 3 days and the Bible will magically be edited to include robots and laser wars, thus making Catholicism much cooler:

Jesus_and_the_Robot.jpg

Praise thee, robot Lord. Smite the reactionary, pre-pubescent fucks with your plasma cannons of Galilee. Amen.

I swear man, this halo mod guy never does anything but make promotional bullshit.

The Sonic Online Halo mod is just made of hype and slick promotional posters. I hear that the project goes nowhere fast, so I stopped caring about it some time ago. Plus, he "cancelled" it and brought it back.

The last time he posted a thread here, it was a bunch of fancy text over effects AND Sonic Heroes models.

Moar Internet Hype

So what is this? this guy is making a fangame in RpgmakerXP (RMXP), BASED on the Sonic HaloMod "Sonic the Hedgehog : Online"...

--> The video was created by SonicXtr3me, as a trailer for the game...

It's all fine and good, and everyone seems to love it right?

So I come walking in and see this video and instantly... I think I'm watching one of my own videos... because, low and behold - I made the following 7 months ago.

Too emo to be a Sonic game... like that Sonic RPG, an official game ¬¬