A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

SSBB Blog: Update Discussion

1) watch your mouth. Wright will hit you. With a skyscrapper.

2) Nintendo stated it's not showing any major trailers or info at E3, and wants to focus on original IPs.

Really? I must have missed that... But it's still the worst update so far.

Ah well, I guess I should be thankful for receiving updates every weekday.

Edit: I'm not thankful for that.

Edit 2: Seems like you are wrong about E3: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/6277984.stm

Nintendo stated it's not showing any major trailers or info at E3, and wants to focus on original IPs.

I thought all Nintendo said was that it was not having any playable version of SSBB at E3. The article I read left the state of potential new SSBB material in other forms conspicuously absent.

Really? I must have missed that... But it's still the worst update so far.

Ah well, I guess I should be thankful for receiving updates every weekday.

Edit: I'm not thankful for that.

Edit 2: Seems like you are wrong about E3: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/6277984.stm

Nope:

http://blog.wired.com/games/2007/07/nintendo-smash-.html

Several never-before-seen Wii titles will be announced and playable at the show, but due to the constrictive, tightly scheduled nature of this year's scaled-back E3, Nintendo wanted to have a smaller game portfolio.

http://www.destructoid.com/god-forbid-no-online-multiplayer-for-prime-3-brawl-not-playable-at-e3-34247.phtml

Nintendo will not be showing Super Smash Bros. Brawl among this year's E3 Wii line-up

Nintendo blueballed everyone at GDC, when people were abuzz about Brawl. They'll do it again. Remember: E3 was meant to show games coming out next year, and if a company shows a game slated for this year, it's 99% of the time presented in demo format.

Basically, we'll be hearing about WiFi's improved lineup for early '08, more awesome DS titles, and confirmed launch dates for the long-delayed games.

Also, Nintendo isn't asking you to check thier site everyday. If you don't like thier updates, then gb2 bungie.net's "whenever the hell we feel like it" updates. If they show thier aces early, they'll have nothing to show later on. First the cocktease, then some kinda biggies (assist trophies, giga bowser) then more stupid shit, then an update worth noting, followed by useless shit, etc.

EDIT: Click spoiler for lulz:

1184126703227.jpg

WINGARDIUM...

1184126762883.jpg

LEVIOSAAAAAAAAAAAA

Also, Wright's hair looks like a green nutsack.

Funny how Destructoid saying Wired says "Nintendo will not be showing Super Smash Bros. Brawl among this year's E3 Wii line-up" is evidence that SSBB will be shown in no form whenever the actual Wired article it's quoting clearly only states that SSBB will not be shown in playable form at E3.

Well, the Nintendo conference is in 12 hours or so, so there's no point discussing it, I supose. It would be fairly odd to release dramatic new info fairly close to it's release.

Consider the following. Seraph's first intuitive response about every game he sees is to bitch. It doesn't matter how trivial it is, how little he actually knows about the given situation or even whether he's just plain talking out of his ass or not. He goes straight to bitching. I'm a little more than sick of bitching about stuff that isn't even out yet.

Tentril: Surprised? Why would I be surprised? December 3rd. Just in time for the holiday season. Umm.. gasp?

Streak: I have to agree with DW here. At any given time Serephim is arguing the same point in at least 2 different topics. Most recently it was graphics on the Wii which was spurred by NiGHTS. It gets kind of annoying when you can go into like multiple topics and see complaining each time.

Consider the following. Seraph's first intuitive response about every game he sees is to bitch. It doesn't matter how trivial it is, how little he actually knows about the given situation or even whether he's just plain talking out of his ass or not. He goes straight to bitching. I'm a little more than sick of bitching about stuff that isn't even out yet.

Was sereph bitching? No, sereph was pointing something out.

THURSDAY 12th UPDATE:

DK's back. And he's got fur. Also 15 second footage that was shown on E3 (maybe a tad bit more, I didn't watch E3 too close).

Volt Tackle looks somewhat different than I expected. Wario's butt is lumpy.

Volt Tackle looks somewhat different than I expected.

Yeah, it looks extremely stiff. Thought it would look cooler and faster, but i guess its still under development.

I really wanted to see link finsh that attack, too. Giga bowser is WAY bigger than he was on Melee, too.

And DK's new look is awesome, they actully modeled in his fur.

Damn, how many characters is this now?!