A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Post your screenshot thread

ila

The second looks more like rain, but both seem to be in need of improvement. A waterfall is very different from rain. Only small bits of water come down while it's raining, while a waterfall is a sheet of water. I'd recommend doing two different foregrounds with very thin rain drops on them. Have one move down at one speed, while the other moves down at a slightly slower speed.

Yeah, but the main reason for using an edited GH waterfall (the only that fits lika a "rain"), is to make a constant drizzle, that would be combined to a downtown, during the night, with some lightnings and floods.

The pixel lines sequence from the original GH was:

| | | | |

| | | | |

| | | | |

| | | | |

So, I overlayed two waterfalls like that (with different alpha values), with 1 pixel offset to right, enough to cover the empty lines. But I would need a different animation to storm effects.

Thanks for helping ^^

Yeah but also with rain, it isn't always diagonal and isn't always vertical. I am not sure what program you are using but is there a way to skew it in game, or rotate it so it goes more:

| | | |

| | | |

| | | |

/ / / /

/ / / /

/ / / /

| | | |

| | | |

| | | |

\ \ \ \

\ \ \ \

\ \ \ \

It would change (like the wind changing how it falls, randomly)

But the amount and direction depends on how he wants it to feel, if he wants it more storm like and this heavy windlesss rain then it would look like that, but if he wants it just to be rain and being blown then you would have it diagonally.

Guest Shadix

The image in confusing as hell.... What IS it? If those are supposed to be prerenders you did a pisspoor job of choosing a good angle and configuring your renderer. Oh and not only that but the meshwork is abysmal :\.

For the lulz:

awful.png

This is the early 2004 build of Sonic 4 (I thought I had lost it for sure by now). I never released any info or screens from it, for obvious reasons. This build lasted about 1 month before I was too ashamed to continue, and started over.

Edit: For truly epic lulz, post #1000.