A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Post your screenshot thread

ila

This is horrendously frustration to be honest I prefer the way it looked fromt he start, I wanted a bright sunny level, and it loks really sad and dreary when I lower the brightness or darken it to far and Im havign a hard time making it look right.

Try adding a visible sun, and maybe boats on the water. Just make the BG less empty.

You could make the planet blend with the blue sky. The sunlight reflected off the planet surface travels through many kilometres of atmosphere, making the planet not as clearly visible as it would if you look at it from space.

I think it looks misplaced since the planet's in front of the white to blue sky fade behind the clouds, so it appears as if it's behind the clouds but extremely close to the environment.

Lovely btw

The point is it's meant to be extremely close, and unnatural. It's for a special-stage-esque type level. The original background had the planet infront of the clouds too.

You could make the planet blend with the blue sky. The sunlight reflected off the planet surface travels through many kilometres of atmosphere, making the planet not as clearly visible as it would if you look at it from space.

When limited by the Mega Drive's palette restrictions, it's hard.

The point is it's meant to be extremely close, and unnatural. It's for a special-stage-esque type level. The original background had the planet infront of the clouds too.

That explains that there's no problem then, huh? =P

I think you can just tone up blue on the planet... And make it go behind the horizon gradient mesh.

Something like this:

background.png

I've already checked... All the colors I've used are on the MD color range. And it will add a only few more colors to the palette.

BTW, what graphic conversion tool are you using? A custom one?

But he can't do it on genesis. Just take a look at the last special stage on sonic cd. It has a planet very close to it, and it's colours are like the sky: green. Just because, even if its closer than moon, you have the same atmosphere, so, it's the same if the planet is closer or further, you will have a big blue semitransparent surfacein the sky. I'd reccomend to use the water pallete, since it is blue and white, just the colours that will fit on the planet. If it'd be at nigh, itd be different, because you don't have the sunlight on the atmosphere particles, so the surface is not blue, it has no colour.