A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Post your screenshot thread

ila

@Sonic101: Picture looks bad, really. Lacks any sort of depth. Having the background tiles be as light as the foreground? Very bad graphical design.

I would'nt say that really. The tiles need a little work so the background and foreground don't clash but it's shaping up very well. Perhaps you might want to quickly photoshop the tiles?

Godmaster, I totally HATE the new character sprites, really. However, I like the motion blur.

The boss shouldn't float, either.

Spike: Thanks for the criticism, I was bored by using recoloured/ edited sprites, so I decided to make them from sketch, with different styles. Thanks for noticing me about the boss.

Armada: Would be better if you make this sky a bit more blue. Despite that, looks better now

This is horrendously frustration to be honest I prefer the way it looked fromt he start, I wanted a bright sunny level, and it loks really sad and dreary when I lower the brightness or darken it to far and Im havign a hard time making it look right.

100Th Page Guys!

@Sonic101: You know, you don't have to take our advices if you don't want to, we're not forcing you to change your work or nothing, we're just giving you advice and tips on how to improve, it's up to you if you want to take it in really.

100Th Page Guys!

@Sonic101: You know, you don't have to take our advices if you don't want to, we're not forcing you to change your work or nothing, we're just giving you advice and tips on how to improve, it's up to you if you want to take it in really.

I know, But I'm game for improving the game. I just think I prefer the orignal brightness of the stage as opposed to the darker bg tiles, The idea was have sonic and tails running by a wall of ruins in a lake, thus there was no need for the tiles in the bg to be much darker as they were supposed to be right next to sonic to begin with.

Plus most of the previous stages were dark or at night time or enclosed, progressively getting gloomier. I wanted to make a stage with a breath of fresh air and sunnyness to it to give a slight bit of a hopeful feel towards the end.

But when I darken the tiles it takes away from that sunny feel and feels a bit stagnant really. That was my line of thinking anyway. Any suggestions on taking it that route?

I'm not a expert when it comes to background art, though I've taken advice from some of them, however as far as I can see, it looks great, the mix is a win, it's the sky that needs some life. I've looked around a few place for stuff and found this pair of clouds:

saaiznuages.gif

(From The Leaf Forest Zone website, btw)

Though these are from Sonic Advance Angel Island, they could fit if you edit them alittle, and maybe add a sun at the top right corner in the sky.

Profit.

I've looked around a few place for stuff and found this pair of clouds:

[qimg]http://dioxaz.free.fr/sprites/objets/saaiznuages.gif[/qimg]

(From The Leaf Forest Zone website, btw)

Though these are from Sonic Advance Angel Island, they fit could if you edit them alittle.

Actually, the clouds in Armada's edit are also from Sonic Advance 3.