A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Post your screenshot thread

ila

Thank you! I was thinking of making Sonic in his Super form following tails in the plane, like they still have the emeralds from S3&K with them, but then losing them after the intro is over. And the trees, I will probably animate them, making them dance to the upbeat music of the level.

It's not that difficult at all, you simply put an invisible collision mask that makes Sonic look like he is walking up that 3Dish slope. Then you let the gimmick override the animation, replacing it with one that fits the movement up the slope. However, if you want to replicate the SCD effect perfectly, you need to make the parallax background move to create the illusion that the camera rotates around the gimmick. Should not be a problem though.

I understood this,

It's not that difficult at all, you simply put an invisible collision mask that makes Sonic look like he is walking up that 3Dish slope.

and this,

However, if you want to replicate the SCD effect perfectly, you need to make the parallax background move to create the illusion that the camera rotates around the gimmick.

But not this.

Then you let the gimmick override the animation, replacing it with one that fits the movement up the slope

MSUK, when Sonic moves up the slope you want him to rotate so that you get an overhead view of him as he runs towards the top. The gimmick alternates the running animation of Sonic depending on where he is on the slope.

you should adjust the grass tiles to match up to the seaside hill tiles. See? The bricks visible under (behind) the grass are still NGHZ, which makes it looks almost slapped on.

Sorry, retarted moment here... was that to me? Anyway, I'm working on the grass shadow now.

It's not that difficult at all, you simply put an invisible collision mask that makes Sonic look like he is walking up that 3Dish slope. Then you let the gimmick override the animation, replacing it with one that fits the movement up the slope. However, if you want to replicate the SCD effect perfectly, you need to make the parallax background move to create the illusion that the camera rotates around the gimmick. Should not be a problem though.

Correct. It's what I call a "parlor trick."