A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic ATS - Released

LakeFeperd

• Replies 988
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Love the soundtrack. Especially from Act 3. Awesome work for the first demo and I agree with what Duckboy said. Disappearing platforms are pretty cool.

(Reminds me of a part DMC1 with disappearing platforms and lightning).

Might take some inspirations from your level backgrounds. hehe

Just tried this out. It ran slow for me but it was really. Nice stage design, music was ok, but act 2 didn't really sound like a sonic type of track(I'm big on music), but in Act3 it picked and sounded nice, like a mix between Sonic CD and R. Oh yeah, I really liked the disappearing platforms you had there with the rain and lightning, made things a bit slower, but a nice touch. To sum it up, this is another fan game I'm hoping to see a full version of in the future. :ssmile:

X)

I liked the demo. A great improvement in quality from sbts. You were right about the art, it looks much better in motion(yes i'm always lurking :P). You also improved in level design and it seems i've been surprised again in act 3.

I like the electric shield. I was surprised how you implemented the shields in different ways. Bubble similar to sbts, but the electrics move I thought awesome when finding out how high it could bounce you of of items and badniks. I found it weird why spikes didnt effect the electric shield though.

I remember sbts's first few levels were pretty basic, but they got better from there. If this is the first level in sonic after the sequel, i can only imagine how much better this game could become.

I've really grown to the way you design your levels. I also like your badnik designs alot and the way you use them too.

I really, really dig this. The first few levels for BTS fit well for what they were - it was quite the refresher as to how retro Sonic handled (I know Sonic Worlds isn't 100% accurate to the Genesis phyiscs, but it's still closer than Generations), sort of like a warm-up.

ATS goes out the gate at full speed in comparison and that's awesome- It's sorta like how MW3 just did away with the 'boot camp! dis is how you aim down the iron sights, and now knife this watermelon hurr durr" since the devs figured the vast majority of people already played the prior games.

The thing that really stood out to me vs BTS was enemy placement. It really felt like the badniks were out to stop Sonic rather than just chilling out like they usually do in Sonic games. Granted, BTS had some really memorable ones, don't get me wrong! (mini-speedy-motobugs and Ryuniks come to mind)

The demo is really good, but man, how are you able to make games so fast! Are you using illegal work force?

58636801.jpg

Anyway, you're the whiz! Just for you to know, The Russian Sonic community is following your new project, as well as the previous one. Good luck with it!

@Cstyler

nop, i'm a robot

just kidding, anyway, even skyrim wasnt able to stop me of making fan games.

@VirtAnderson

yeah, i think i'm running out of official sonic graphics here, i'll ask you if i got a new title screen in mind

@Hobbes

i thought that was fixed, anyway, i'll take a look on that later

@Jwiwo

it's the spike shield, it protects you from any spiky hazard =P

@Hyper Emerson

umm... that's really necessary? i'll see what i can do

Whoa, nice! Not only do you pump out content fast, but it's really solid stuff as well. ^_^ Pretty much the only criticism I have is your use of recycled tunes, but it's understandable since making an original soundtrack would push back the development of your games.

@Strife

umm... as far as i know, making an OST for a game is one of the things that take less time in the development

i saw a lot of fan games that got an OST before the acctual release

and some of then never got released

for an example: Sonic 2 HD already got the soundtrack done

and, yeah, i'll be re-using some stuff from BTS, especially custom ones

just something very early on development

5jVYR.pngfGlhY.png

it may seem like Sunset Star but the only thing in common with that zone is the "Highway on sunset theme"

other than that, it's a whole new zone

i'm planning on calling it "Technology Tree Zone" btw

i'll avoid more similarities with Sonic BTS's zones for the other zones, dont worry >.<