A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic ATS - Released

LakeFeperd

• Replies 988
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Or you know we could give him some actual feedback?

Glucose Glacier Zone is good but makes you think too much of an Ice Level.

My Ideas are:

Sugar Sanction Zone

Glucose Gadget Zone

Treacle Towers Zone

Sweet Service Zone

The zones looking really nice btw, I'm loving the attention to detail on the little green lights coming out of the towers

@Ristar

yeah, i also though the shading on the bricks look pretty wierd

i'll see what i can do about that

@Duckboy

i got to take my own decisions, or else i'll never be a decent game designer.

anyway, i didnt said anything about it but that thing you said about the music was pretty mind blowing for me, i would probably never figured out by myself.

and i'm pretty good at accepting feedback, but sometimes you got to reject some few things, for an example, there is people that thinks their ideas is sould be added to BTS.

i've received a few messages about something like this on youtube

• 2 weeks later...

I think it's better you make your own decisions and sometimes reject certain feedback lake. Look at all the guys who take every feedback and critisism so seriously, trying to fix and end up getting demotivated and not finish their games. And you know, how well someone may be at designing fangames, doesn't mean they're always right imo. It's good that you are principled and well opinionated about certain elements. Don't change because if you ask me, you made the best and most polished "finished" fangame ever.

I gotta be honest that i'm still not sure about the sprite though. It looked really nice in action, but on static screenshots it still looks a bit strange. After a certain time of playing around with the new sprites, what do you think yourself?

i guess i've already got used to them, but if you simply cant get used to it, there's a way to change to the sonic 3 sprite present on the demo.

I've made some progress with the sprites but i haven't heard any news from P3DR0 so i'm basically doing everything myself.

And also, i haven't also heard much news about the custom soundtrack and kinda starting to think they will me able to make it in time.

i guess it's kinda hard to keep up with me =P

but i still dont want to push them forward

And also, i haven't also heard much news about the custom soundtrack and kinda starting to think they will me able to make it in time.

You'd be surprised how much is done. For BTS, at least. ATS, yeah it really depends how much you're planning to do by SAGE as that's going to be the milestone this year?

(Unless you're going to completely beast out the entire project this year, then yeah I'll agree you're absolutely nuts lol)

i dont really know if i'll be able to get ATS done by this year, i think it is probably going to get released earlier next year

Deadlines-

for BTS: SAGE 2012

for ATS: i dunno, you guys will have a lot of time to work in this one

and for you guys that want to work with on ATS, talk to falk or ristar.

i dont really know much about music to say if you are ready for this

@Falk

hey, can you guys send me the loops for the songs that have been already done? i got Fortress Flow Here(that was made by ristar btw) and it's not the loop

XVMy2.png(sonic in a tails level, yeah, but NO tails in sonic's levels D=)

i'm already upgrading BTS bit by bit and i want to get it done as soon as possible

• 1 month later...

I can definitely see the improvements from BTS. The levels look more expansive, the backgrounds are amazingly detailed, and the boss fights look like a blast. Plus, the new original Sonic sprites make a big difference in terms of helping the game stand out on its own.

I'm not sure if this was asked already, but how will character selection work this time? The same as BTS where you have to play as a specific character for each stage, or will you be able to choose one for the whole game?

@Strife

you can change between Sonic and tails anytime you want in the menus, but this time, he will not be the "easy mode"

for an example, tails' gameplay is bit easier because of his flying ability but if he touches the sugar pile in Sugar Splash zone(not glucose glacier anymore) he will not go faster like sonic.