A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic ATS - Released

LakeFeperd

• Replies 988
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just something very early on development

[qimg]http://i.imgur.com/5jVYR.png[/qimg] [qimg]http://i.imgur.com/fGlhY.png[/qimg]

it may seem like Sunset Star but the only thing in common with that zone is the "Highway on sunset theme"

other than that, it's a whole new zone

i'm planning on calling it "Technology Tree Zone" btw

That's pretty original, kinda reminds me of this, but in the skies instead of water:

SMD1121011574-00.gif

I've always wondered why most of fangames are using double-lettered names for its levels? Seriously, I don't remember this trend in genesis-era games except Sonic CD.

just something very early on development

[qimg]http://i.imgur.com/5jVYR.png[/qimg] [qimg]http://i.imgur.com/fGlhY.png[/qimg]

it may seem like Sunset Star but the only thing in common with that zone is the "Highway on sunset theme"

other than that, it's a whole new zone

i'm planning on calling it "Technology Tree Zone" btw

i'll avoid more similarities with Sonic BTS's zones for the other zones, dont worry >.<

I love this.

What about Techno Tree?

Sounds easier to say but whatever floats your boat.

As far as alliteration goes.

I've always felt that it was just a fancy trend especially for Sonic CD, Knuckles Chaotix and Sonic 3D Blast.

Just to give it style.

I plan on doing it.

Anyone can just throw two words together and have a name but having the first letters in each word the same always showed creativity.

Well, now that I've been activated here, I'll just say: it's good to see you doing even more, Lake! That said:

• The Spike Shield is fairly bland. Perhaps it would look nicer if it was a translucent silver sphere, with the white streak (maybe add another one too) looping around. Think like an atom.
  • What was that weird shield that changed colors and then dissipated on its own?
  • I noticed the Aqua Shield bounces you up as opposed to down (like in BTS) and the Spike Shield (which looks similar to the Lightning Shield) gives you a Stomp. If we get a Flame Shield, it should therefore give Sonic a backflip. It's only logical, right?
  • Falk, we need more music from you. Always.
  • I noticed the Badniks are always in places where the player is likely to be moving slowly (right after running up a wall, jumping up from a lower ledge, etc.).
  • Tails is a really slow flier in this one. He flew rather quickly in BTS, and for quite a while.

Hope I'm able to help ya out here, Lake.

[*]Falk, we need more music from you. Always.

Strained my wrist right after new years (doing laundry of all things) which put me off finishing off Star Shores Act 1 for BTS (It's a little more acoustic, was supposed to lay down guitar/bass tracks). In hindsight I really should have worked on some electronic/retro/8-bit stuff in the interim but I decided to be a lazy ass and enjoy Steam sale loot instead.

Stuff coming up though, and it should be going full-speed ahead soon! (Not that I'm going to reveal everything though :P)

i'm back!

so...

i'll try to make the Spike shield a little better later, yeah, it looks a little bland

and, yeah, the shield that changes colors is a "filler", i'll add come more special actions later to it but for now, it just explodes destroying all the badniks in the screen and returns to the shield you were using before it.

The fire shield equal to the one in sonic 3 & knux and tails flies more like he flies in sonic 3 & knux

Did anyone of you noticed the the BTS bubble shield works exactly how it does in BTS?

i mean, when you take damage underwater...

also, it's good to know that falk said that he could compose music for ATS too but for now, it's better to give some priority to Sonic BTS, wich needs do be done until this SAGE

I gave the build you gave me a shot. gotta say that Sequel Shine is pretty rad up until act 2 where I'm pretty sure it's unfinished. though having that pit there at the start of the level that you can't get out of is a real drag. but since this is a dev build I'm assuming that's not staying. good to see the things I made put to use though! made me awful giddy seeing and interacting with em!

I gave the build you gave me a shot. gotta say that Sequel Shine is pretty rad up until act 2 where I'm pretty sure it's unfinished. though having that pit there at the start of the level that you can't get out of is a real drag. but since this is a dev build I'm assuming that's not staying. good to see the things I made put to use though! made me awful giddy seeing and interacting with em!

Sequel's Shine is Technology Tree =P

yeah, i kinda forgot to put a spring over there and the act is only a half done.

hey, do you mind helping me out with graphics on this one?

i mean, i'll make everything by myself and if there is some important graphic of the game that i simply cant get right i'll ask you if you can make it pretty.

My only concerns with those two screenshots is

1. There is far too much dither.

2. The pallets in terms of the far green bushes/trees/forests don't seem consistent. (One has a stronger green than the other but in a seemingly awkward order.

3. There are far to many stars in one place in the shy. Try and separate them out a bit.