A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic the Hedgehog - New Screenshots! (Shadow is finally seen!)

Redsonic

Copy-pasta'd from 4chan /v/:

God, someone who is a known employee for Sega (he leaked info concerning Sonic Riders (NiGHTS, Aiai, and Ulala) and Sonic Next (fourth hedgehog in opposition to Shadow) that turned out true before has leaked a summary of the script to the 360/PS3 Sonic game. It's ____ing awful.

"Silver and Blaze are from an alternate Timeline where Sonic dies against Iblis.

Sonic faces Eggman in an epic showdown before meeting Iblis, even though Iblis double-crossed Eggman and took all the Chaos Emeralds. Eggman still had a vendetta with Sonic, and after Sonic defeated Eggman's enourmous robot, it collapsed on Eggman. He survives, but it's not shown in the game.

Blaze secretly came to the dimension through the same timeportal that Silver used to get to the present.

"Silver wants to use both the Sol and Chaos Emeralds to destroy Sonic, since one set of emeralds alone "isn't enough" because Sonic has such a strong soul.

Silver's future story is not made known in this script. He is currently known as a seperate being created from Sonic's soul when he died, seems to have some connection to Shadow, as well.

When Iblis is released, he shatters the Master Emerald, because it can control the Chaos Emeralds, and that would interfere with his plans.

The town of "Soleanna" is named for the Sol Angel, a being that stopped Iblis before.

Blaze tries to stop Silver from killing Sonic, because he defeated the Eggman of her time, who wanted to expand the power of Iblis, since he served her. However, she doesn't directly call him Eggman Nega (his name in Rush)."

"The three characters that die are Blaze, Elise, and Knuckles. Blaze is the first to die, who gets killed in the Flames of Diasater. The 3 hedgehogs, Sonic, Shadow, and Silver, are the only ones who have enough power to fight Iblis. Blaze uses the Sol Emeralds to give herself up to the Flames of Diasater in order to weaken Iblis. The princess Elise is the "Goddess of Iblis", the reincarnation of the "Sol Angel" in the past, who had saved the world from Iblis before. Elise cuts her hand (lol emo) to give up the blood of the Iblis to help the Flames disapear, but it does not work, so she dies."

"Sonic and Shadow attempt to go super in order to finish off Iblis for ever. However, the emeralds do not have enough energy, thanks to Iblis using up so much when he made his way into the world through the flames, released by Princess Elise when Eggman chanted an incantation with the Chaos Emeralds; somehow, Sonic made contact with the fire, and Iblis was reborn. So, Silver offers to stall for time while Sonic and Shadow power up. Silver succeeds in holding off Iblis so the hedgehogs can gather enough power, but he is wounded in the process. So Sonic and Shadow go super and tap into the power of the Sol Emeralds, and nearly defeat Iblis. However, Iblis wont't seem to die, and then he reveals a shocking revalation; in order for Iblis to disapear forever, it's "true soul trigger", Sonic, has to die. Sonic is about to give himself up when Knuckles, his longtime rival, uses the power of the Chaos Emeralds to exchange "soul code" with Sonic, and therefore making Knuckles the new Trigger, whom then kills himself to be rid of Iblis. This is supposed to be "very heartfelt" and sad, as this is the real end of Knuckles. Afterwards, Sonic falls to the ground, crying, and Shadow puts his hand on his shoulder, and he says that Sonic has to be strong, for Knuckles. He then says that it will take alot of efforts to restore the world, as the summoning of the flames covered the world in fire. Amy then calls Sonic over to look at a rose, which has Knuckles's "spirit" wrapped around it is shown. The credits then roll."

"Silver becomes torn apart, emotionally, when the flames succeed in reawakening, and he mournfully apologizes to Sonic for trying to kill him and joins him in the fight against Iblis. At the end of the game, Silver questions how Sonic was able to beat Iblis in this timeline but not his own. Sonic tells him that it was because of Silver, for without him, everyone would be dead. Silver then shakes Sonic's hand, nods toward Shadow, and returns to his own time, while carrying the Sol Emeralds."

Originally posted on 4chan /v/ by "Sonic !qeK7ilt6gI".

I bet you this will spark at the least, 45 yaoi stories on teamartail or some other sonic fan art base. :|

"Yuji Naka himself was quoted as saying, 'We're going back to the beginning, treating this as if it were the first Sonic game on the Genesis.'"

Yea.. I know a quote was made somewhere that made me believe this was a reboot, but when everyone was attacking me about the "how does 'back to roots' equal 'reboot'" thing I couldn't find it.

And umm, also from a Wikipedia is this little tidbit: "The September 2006 issue of Electronic Gaming Monthly mentions Shadow will in fact use firearms (as in Shadow the Hedgehog); many screenshots suggest the possibility of energy-based projectiles or melee attacks, such as his Chaos Blast attack from Shadow the Hedgehog, and Chaos Spear from Sonic Adventure 2."

So umm.. I will now rejoice because Shadow will not play exactly as Sonic does. That is, of course, assuming that tidbit to be real. And if it is, that is a good thing assuming it controls well.

I really do think they need to get a different voice actor for Shadow the Hedgehog. With the three main (and playable) characters all being hedgehogs and as such probably having more lines than some of the other characters I really think it's important that Shadow has his own VA. Might just be me though. =/

And umm, also from a Wikipedia is this little tidbit: "The September 2006 issue of Electronic Gaming Monthly mentions Shadow will in fact use firearms (as in Shadow the Hedgehog); many screenshots suggest the possibility of energy-based projectiles or melee attacks, such as his Chaos Blast attack from Shadow the Hedgehog, and Chaos Spear from Sonic Adventure 2."

EGM is almost undoubtably completely wrong on this matter. It isn't verified by interview, gameplay footage, E3 footage, or anything else.

Hey, I just found something that is new to me but I dont know if you guys all ready know about it........so sorry if you all already know this.

But someone on gamefaqs posted "new" videos of someone playing Sonic and Silver's stages but the person was actually good at it. So... here is the post:

fouxs

Posted 8/25/2006 4:05:07 PM

message detail:

You just need to see a master in action, watch this and rapidly fall in love with the game, this proves gaming sites do NOT play good when it comes to Sonic (attention, youtube guilty of quality):

Sonic:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3q98GPtCI7M

Watch and be amazed by a skilled player.

Silver:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXKtZWNCzoY

Watch and be amazed by the same player.

Shadow:

I want some footage too...

Slippery? Bad camera? Hell no! This game is gonna be great!

So, yea, hope you guys like.

That seriously looked like SA2 on Visual Steroids.

But it did look pretty damn fun. The only problem i see so far is that the level design gives tons of room for high speed action, but almost zero for multiple paths.

The levels are massive, but if you stick that game on a Rail it would barely change.

Which is why i say BECAUSE wildfire is on a rail, maybe that will convince them to just make a new path or two. (watching the video i saw lots of spots where it kinda branches in the forest stages.)

Same old bickering aside, if i get a 360 this will definately be the first on my 360 list. (but im STILL looking foward to SatSR more.)

EDIT:

Why the ____ING hell is Silver so goddamned slow?! I could have sworn like all the hedgehogs are supposed to be like uber speed. (guess they realized if they gave him speed he would be on practically the same path as shadow.)

I have a very - very - strong feeling that this game is gonna be as bugged as SEGA can make it. That means that we will still be walking through walls in the future, just like we did in SH and StH.

Well, at least the visual is exuberant and Sonic does not look like a Wal Mart plastic doll any more.

Isn't that Sonic Adventure 2 with higher poly characters? Where's the back to the roots? This game attracts me less and less everytime I see new footage or images...

... SA2 was awesome in comparison to Sonic Heroes. It isn't as though you can really make a Sonic 1 styled Sonic game in 3D you know.

In any event, the gameplay seems to be more refined than SA2. The homing attack seemed more solid and everything else looked as though it played smoother. From what I've seen of SA and up, you can't really pass judgement on the damn thing though untill you've actually held the controller in your hand. For instance, Shadow controlling like a truck in Shadow the Hedgehog... that is something you have to play to believe. The solidity of the games is what will make them good or bad from now on, not the basic premise.

And we knew from the beginning that they couldn't possibly be referring to simplistic gameplay premises. We already know that Sonic 1-3K doesn't work very well in 3D because it is almost impossible to get that level of precision in jumping in a 3D world. What they can give us though is the level design that was inherent to those titles. They can make the game look revolutionary for the era and they can fill it with content so that it doesn't seem dated before it is even out... that was probably half of the pride of early Sonic games anyway. In any event, going back to the roots at this point can mean two things... level design and production values.