A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic the Hedgehog - New Screenshots! (Shadow is finally seen!)

Redsonic

Nothing at all looks wrong with the engine. Its just the fact that Sonic Team is LOVING the idea of huge mystic monsters that Robotnick awakens, loses control of, and has to team up with his lifetime hated enemy and some other loser who comes out of nowhere to seal them back up again.

Why cant we just simply have a nice ol' "ROBOTNICK STOLE ALL THE FLICKIES AND MADE A HUGE BASE IN SPACE LEZ KELL IT" storyline again....

Guest Shadix
Omigod noooo! Its not 3D so it doesn't count! If its not 3D, its not a real game!

Actually, yes, I agree. Still, Sonic Advance has all that crap and it still sucks.

Sonic Advance suffered from too damn easy\short syndrome.

Advance 2 was fun but kinda hard to get used to figuring out when to break the hold right to finish pattern to get special things.

...and Advance 3 was great except for it's flawed character combo system (Sure you could combine and get new moves, but only like, but only a few of the combinations were actually practical).

Advance 3 also had some cool music.

agreed. then again SH was complete let down

I hate that people keep using this as an example to cast doubt upon this game. We KNOW this isn't going to be a Sonic Heroes. There aren't retarded gimmicks [omg guns, once again assuming you play as Sonic], the physics engine actually doens't suck, and it isn't ugly like heroes. Boring levels are still a possibility and I accept that, but geez, it's not like they are manufacturing a Shadow 2. I just wouldn't put faith in SEGA when they say they got the camera worked out.

--

Edit: ONTOPIC

The music is sounding really awesome... I just want to know what song actually goes to what level. I heard one that sounded very remoniscent(sp?) of the S2 special stage music, and then another one that was very ethnic sounding for Kingdom Valley (The latter I'm hoping is the stages actual song.). Then that music they had playing in that clip of the water vortex scene just fit the mood so freaking well.

• 3 weeks later...

- Ahem update! IGN seems to have updated the CGI shots with the vehicles Shadow drives in Sonic Next http://uk.media.xbox360.ign.com/media/749/749072/imgs_1.html yeap they are odd looking

- Also Sonic Next demo released later today on the Japanese market place for Xbox360 users to download, incase anyone was wondering. So make yourself an account based in Japan in order to download it I believe.

http://www.xbox.com/ja-jp/live/BringItHome/list.htm

EDIT: Forgot this piece of info for now, Sonic the hedgehog has been taken down.

- Oh and if anyone is interested in hearing in game sounds

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S029qWD7Yu4

Kingdom Valley's music isn't that great to my ears, although it sounds fairly nice the in game sound effects.

Below is a double post that has been automagically merged into the original.

Sorry to double post but...NEW VIDEO UP!

http://sega.jp/asx/TGS2006/sonic_pr.asx

Video might not work at times, I won't say anything else as it might spoil some of the interesting parts of the movie.

EDIT: The file has been uploaded on Youtube.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=WFiwIHffnSk

Haha, wasn't expecting the DCT remix this early...

and it didn't fit in the trailer (transition wasn't as soft as desired)...

but omg, I'm almost in tears. Nostalgia ;-;

If(when) the Marketplace demo is available, make sure to post your impressions - or even vids - 360 users o;

That's one of my biggest fears as well.. what with me having loved the Dreamcast so much and then having it die. I would say "waste of money" but I actually had fun with the system and ever since this past summer I've been burning games for it so it's not really a waste. ;D

I'm not so sure the PlayStation 3 will just flat out die. I'm not sure why.. it's just hard to see. Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Devil May Cry 4, Metal Gear Solid 4, a possible Kingdom Hearts-universe game a la the Fabula Novala Crystallis (sp?) series, ::insert other popular games here::. Most of the game I want to play will be for the PS3 even if they are mainly the Square Enix games (KH/KHII, FFXIII series, FFX). However I will again point out that the second Square Enix realizes that the PS3 may be a ship slowly taking on water and decides to move to X360, assuming this actually happens, I'll immediately ask the 'rents for an X360.

There aren't to many X360 games I want outside of.. well.. Sonic Next. I would say that I'd like to buy JSRF and Panzer Dragoon Orta but those won't necessarily work. The chances of Square Enix actually jumping ship are like.. little-to-none because they've got their heads in their asses over the fact that the games can look as good as Advent Children did on PS3. =/

Red...why did you post the same link I did?

Anyway Incase anyone wants to have the file downloaded onto their computer

http://rapidshare.de/files/33931025/sonic_p.wmv

Thanks goes to Remz of Sonic stadium.

- I'm loving the music in the first 20 seconds or so

- Blaze retuns in boss battle!

- Finally we see a loop in Crisis City!

- Those tree trucks loops seem very interesting

- We see the return of health bars for badniks

- Three routes instead of just one forward route at one point in the trailer (the part were Sonic is grinding in Wave Ocean)

- Mephiles if knocked into the ground by Shadow turns into some sort of shadow himself (pun intended or not, I dunno)

- Shadow seems like he won't be wielding any guns with his hands

- Sonic's head is too freakishly big for Elise

- Also loving the scene with Sonic holding onto Elise and jumping ship.

Aki-At: But.. isn't that just the instrumental of the theme, "His World," only with new guitar/bass added in? >.>

Yes it is, and I'm definitely loving what they added. Wither this is the "rockier" version of the song that Zebrahead did or if this was just added on for the song I don't know, but I am liking what I'm hearing so far.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GE0Ic3F8Fnc

Well, I wonder if Blaze is a sidekick...like the system they had going on with Shadow the Hedgehog...

I hope not, because the sidekicks did nothing in Shadow. The whole ShtH game amounted to nothing except to be returned to Blockbuster immediately. Anything Shadow related I am not liking. The fact that he drives vehicles still makes me cringe about Shadow's portion of the game. Keep it fast, stupid. I don't know why they keep bringing him back when they could use better characters. The Shadow character and gameplay is so convoluted and crappy now that he should've stayed dead at Sonic Adventure 2, going down on top like James Dean. To me, Shadow seems like this generation of gamer's Sonic. I liked this game when it was solely Sonic, but that was so long ago...

And yes, Dreams Come True also made me grin. Glad to see that in there.