A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic the Hedgehog - New Screenshots! (Shadow is finally seen!)

Redsonic

Like I said on the other forum...

Not seeing any new levels there, though nice to see that you'll have plenty of things to blow up. So then I take it Shadow won't be restricted to vehicles? Wonder what difference he'll have with Sonic that makes Sonic's gameplay more unique, if any. Got to admit, liking that screenshot of Sonic running upside down on some sort of tree trunck and Shadow falling down with the background of some sort of cathedral.

Also seems like Shadow's facing off against some sort of hedgehog looking boss, are hedgehogs dominating the game entirely now? also liked the last screenshot but it also shows me voids of death appear alot in this game (well judging by all three levels, which all have voids of death =E)

We all know that the only reason Shadow hasn't sliced open his wrists yet is because he's holding out for a Gillette Mach 3 spokesmanship.

Seriously, he's perfect. You have him running at Mach 3 shaving things. Then he hears his favorite prime time melodrama is in reruns, so he cuts his wrists, showing the diversity of the product.

But, anyway, I really remember seeing Shadow in earlier screenshots. Wasn't he driving a Jeep or something?

EDIT:

darkspeed.png

This one reminds me of Darkspeed from SFA.

He probably cuts himself all the time. And listens to heavy metal. And hes gay, he has no gf.

Explaining your own life perhaps? Aside that, not like SEGA or sonicteam would give a sht if anyone thought that. XD

Fvck:

1; how many millions of peoples lives are like that?

2; hes based toward a more mature audience

3; little kiddies can complain all they want, all in end, they fail.

4; DURH. He makes money happen. If he didnt, he wouldnt be back again.

Damn. xD Do as Epon has once said. I believe it was similar to "feel a boob, or get a girlfriend." More a less, quit complaining. Precious sonic is in the game, be happy.

Anywho, that floating blob of what looks like rocks similar to a hedgehog, is interesting. Wouldnt mind finding more on it.

The fact that Shadow isn't always riding in that crazy stupid vehicle (Shadow's CSV for short), makes me happy. Another of my predictions comes true! That goes in the pile with SSBB being the first SSB game to have 3rd party characters and fans being angry enough at HL:source to try to make a real remake of the game.

shadowvsshadowvn5.png

... and here we see Shadow uh... attacking? uh... Shadow? With... what appears to be some kind of blue charged orb of dragonball z +3. SEGA, please don't make me hate Shadow, as I'm sure I'm one of the few sane Shadow fans left.

This game truly reminds me of what Sonic used to be. I want something like this. HOWEVER now I lack the proper equipment to play this game or let alone purchase it. Someone has to tell me how awesome it is when they get it.

An odd list of features at that site:

• Sonic's trademark speed gets redefined through cutting-edge animation production values.

yeah, standard crap.

• Next-generation technology such as rag-doll physics, light scatter and environmental blur effects make the world of Sonic come alive.

Already well known.

• A rich storyline that delivers an epic free-roaming and ultra-high-speed adventure.

Ok, I've heard that before but hopefully it will be true this time.

• Customise and personalise Sonic's special abilities by spending the rings you've collected on custom moves!

This is different... and sounds a lot like some stuff I was looking at, but meh... I certainly feel that a little bit of upgrade purchasing never hurt anyone.

• Multiplayer modes where you can play through a unique co-op adventure with another player, or duke it out with others whose goals are completely different to yours!

YES! GOD YES! Co-op for the win!