A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic the Hedgehog - New Screenshots! (Shadow is finally seen!)

Redsonic

hmmm....interesting idea, though PS3 emulation would be out long after the game, and I think I'd get ancy...

Zonar...not only did that sound racially insensative, but...uh...aren't you black?

I'm not ticked cause of racial insensativity, cause I don't give two ____s about if someone hates a race or not, it's just that your post just came off as really...eh...I can't think of a suitable word...someone help me out?

hmmm....interesting idea, though PS3 emulation would be out long after the game, and I think I'd get ancy...

Well, considering it's been 5 years and PS2 emulation still sucks... by that time you'd be able to pick up the inevitable StH PC port dirt cheap. That's if you hadn't got it already cheaper *cough* <_<

I was actually talking about X360 emulation. Someone said that it was already possible, and if it's not.. what other way is there to pirate that game? I don't understand how you and Sef keep hinting at pirates and yet you say it can't be done. >.>

And I think the word you're looking for may be ignorant? ::shrug::

Edit: The more I look at the images of Sonic grinding the more I wish they had went back to the SA1 design, only with a grindplate just before the heel where the Light Speed Dash attachment went. And umm.. I hope that not ALL of the characters can grind. Only Sonic, Shadow, and Amy should be able to do it. And Amy should only do that Sonic Advance butt-thing. But umm.. she's not playable so.. whatever.

I was actually talking about X360 emulation. Someone said that it was already possible, and if it's not.. what other way is there to pirate that game? I don't understand how you and Sef keep hinting at pirates and yet you say it can't be done. >.>

And I think the word you're looking for may be ignorant? ::shrug::

Edit: The more I look at the images of Sonic grinding the more I wish they had went back to the SA1 design, only with a grindplate just before the heel where the Light Speed Dash attachment went. And umm.. I hope that not ALL of the characters can grind. Only Sonic, Shadow, and Amy should be able to do it. And Amy should only do that Sonic Advance butt-thing. But umm.. she's not playable so.. whatever.

Sonic's coming to PC. Someone posted an amazon.com link, plus an old ad shown here awhile back also said it'd be on PC, but many thought it was fake

Image with the "PC" in it

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/a/af/SonicNext-GenPromotional.jpg

Amazon link (Converts roughly to $32.17)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B000GM8ACM/202-7296094-3572629?v=glance&n=300703

Speculate why theres a hugh price difference between Sonic the Hedgehog on the PC compared to the PS3 and Xbox (£49.99 and £39.99 respectively)

Guest Shadix
Ne Game Features

Not sure if anyone knew but Sonic's speed is now affected by how many rings you carry. Sounds like a good idea- and to balance that off and not make your speed hit bottom everytime you get hit by an enemy/robot/badnik you lose a different amount of rings depending on how you're hurt.

Being that the chaos emeralds are still around after the reboot, but there's no sight of either Knuckles or the ME, I'm wandering what's going to happen to Angel Island (the Floating Island). I mean.. if they decide that this "human world" doesn't need Angel Island what happens to the ME and to Knuckles?

I don't think it's a reboot anymore but rather a "ZOMG SONIC IN THE NOT TO DISTANT FUTURE..."

It's cool though they are actually looking at the incredibly underated handheld games for advice. It'd be neat if the game had Sonic Rush's boost function, but that's asking for too much.

Not sure if anyone knew but Sonic's speed is now affected by how many rings you carry. Sounds like a good idea- and to balance that off and not make your speed hit bottom everytime you get hit by an enemy/robot/badnik you lose a different amount of rings depending on how you're hurt.

All Sonic Advance series (including Sonic Rush) except Sonic Advance 1 had this feature...

What! Black people dont even play Sonic really...more like GTA, other games that don't have freakin animals with shoes on and no clothes running around. And Shadow is the best! Even though his game was crap, so what, Shadow will live on. And if you disagree I will KILL YOU!!!...Naw j/k got out of control there.

GET OUT NOW.

Your going to tell me, an african american, what I know about my own race, whereas you are what? caucasian?

Black people DO play sonic, me being one of them, my whole family plays it from time to time, and you have the nerve to generalize?

1.) Dont Generalize Black people, we have enough time dealing with the watermelon and chicken jokes.

2.) I Do, We Do, you just dont know any people

3.) No shadow is NOT the best, you beleive so because it is your OPINION.

4.) Shut up.

Racist bastard :>>

Umm.. yes. But none of those were a part of the main, "canon" series.

"1.) Dont Generalize Black people, we have enough time dealing with the watermelon and chicken jokes."

Damn straight. Although personally I dislike chicken. It's all.. greasy and crap. Now see.. sesame chicken or general tso chicken.. those are awesome. But that's also americasian. =/

Offtopicly, I prefer Orange Chicken :>

Ontopicly, I think Sega is selling out to all the newfangled fad whores of 06.

" dont have 1 character, lets have 3 of the exact same people with different skins n powerz, but dont put any DEPTH in, we want to knoe "

" shadow needs a gun homiez "

" Sonic needs to get a girfleind "

list goes on.

midi, I cantually think Zonar is black, too. I remember looking at some myspace thing he had or whatever.

I like how cool Sonic looked in the Sonic CD movie thingers. I wish they'd make a Sonic game that let me move just like that. And let me do the thing in the comics where he spinns his leg fast, then bolts away at full speed :3

What! Black people dont even play Sonic really...more like GTA, other games that don't have freakin animals with shoes on and no clothes running around. And Shadow is the best! Even though his game was crap, so what, Shadow will live on. And if you disagree I will KILL YOU!!!...Naw j/k got out of control there.

ban plz

Midi: That's not fair. No one said that the love story will involve Sonic. Second, they took most of Shadow's guns away from what I see (save for vehicles). In my opinion that was a mistake. Whereas Shadow controlled JUST like Sonic in SA2 and SH, using his gunplay from the game in addition to his chaos blast/spear attacks would really set him apart from Sonic. Add to the fact that this is the Havok engine meaning that chances are the gunplay and control scheme should actually work. But that's just me, maybe you like having a copy of the main character whose only difference is driving a car.

Oh man! That would've been really clever, had I not addressed the controls in this statement: "Add to the fact that this is the Havok engine meaning that chances are the gunplay and control scheme should actually work."

And I fail to see how adding guns to a great engine (which Sonic Next is using) will automatically muck up the way the character is controlled. Please, do explain.

Shadow = Sonic for black people.:[

You just insulted our entire race.

The last game they put shadow in Ruined his image forever. The "Badass" that was shadow in SA2 with the cool voice is now a freaking loser.

Id rather play as Tails or Knuckles than Shadow.