A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic the Hedgehog - New Screenshots! (Shadow is finally seen!)

Redsonic

Silver and Knux are also confirmed for Sonic rivals. Just throwing that out there...

Sonic runs really fast because Eggman is up to no good. Shadow shouldn't be there, period. And Silver chases Sonic cause of whatever motive he has. Then at the end they team up and beat Eggman. World saved.

But Shadow effs it all up...he should be an irrelevant character whose story sorta weaves in and out of the other two, but isn't really a part of it.

Yea I know I saw that. Well.. I saw the image of Sonic, Shadow, and Silver. I didn't see Knuckles though so I was immediately pissed. But umm.. if he's there I'm happy. Not that I'm buying a PSP or the game anyway.. seems.. boring and not-so-much fun.

Yea I know I saw that. Well.. I saw the image of Sonic, Shadow, and Silver. I didn't see Knuckles though so I was immediately pissed. But umm.. if he's there I'm happy. Not that I'm buying a PSP or the game anyway.. seems.. boring and not-so-much fun.

Noting what DW said earlier about there being a multiplayer mode for 1-4 players, Knuckles is more then likely to return as a playable character.

Multiplayer Mode. Up to four players can play as Sonic and his amigos in high-spirited multiplayer fun!

Taken from the SEGA of America site, I'm guessing Tails, Knuckles and Amy are more then likely be playable characters.

Noting what DW said earlier about there being a multiplayer mode for 1-4 players, Knuckles is more then likely to return as a playable character.

Don't bunk *new word +3* at me if Knuckles isn't in it anybody. All I said was that there would be a co-op multiplayer mode... and thats on the site.

Don't bunk *new word +3* at me if Knuckles isn't in it anybody. All I said was that there would be a co-op multiplayer mode... and thats on the site.

Yeah I wasn't trying to imply that you said Knuckles would appear in the game, only that you said it had multiplayer in it ^^;;;

Sereph: In my opinion, Sonic Heroes ruined Shadow forever, not Shadow the Hedgehog. I never had a problem with Shadow using weapons, only with the fact that Shadow's epic SA2 death was ruined when he came back to life. If Shadow the Hedgehog didn't remind me of buttered-shoesoles I'd be fine with it, but it was way too slippery. I fell off stuff.. alot. And umm.. remember this is a reboot, maybe Shadow has the potential to be badass once again.

He doesnt. The only reason Shadow was "Badass" is because he was bad. Shadow died in SA2, and half of the Heroes storyline was messed up because he was brought back. (in a halfassed way.)

StH wasnt a bad game. I enjoyed it alot, but it still shouldnt have existed. They dug themselves into a hole keeping shadow alive, and extended the depth of that hole when they decided to make a story as to how he came back.

Shadow Clones? What the Hell? Why could'nt they just have robotnick decide to make a single shadow clone similar to Metal Sonic and have Heroes just be Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles try to defeat them. (that would have been 10x a better heroes to me, seeing how each team played EXACTLY the same.) The whole "Shadow's Past" is retarded.

At this point, i would be glad if Shadow diddnt exist in ANY more sonic games. (But it wouldnt make a difference now, his death wouldnt have been half as great as it was in SA2.)

To wrap it all up, Sonic Team should have just pulled a "Capcom" and made shadow come back to life, just in a halfassed way. (like they do with Zero all the time.)

"The Chaos emeralds passed me through the atmosphere, and the Jello Factory i landed in broke my fall."

"I diddnt die."

"I was on the ARK, you guys just didnt see me."

Any of those would have worked. Making this stupid storyline for him ruined him forever. If their smart, they would just kill him off again or make the rest of their sonic games take place inbetween Sonic 2-3 again or some ____.

Guest Shadix

Sometimes Zero doesn't even have to "come back to life", they just contradict the story of the previous game to have him around again.

I doubt that the dark shadow robo or whatever guy has any meaningful effect on the story and is merely a boss battle on Shadow's continued quest to wipe out his clone fanbase.

And that's exactly why Shadow's existance is meaningless.

Kill him off, Sonic Team. PLEASE KILL HIM...

I mean, i liked his voice, his character, even how they made his Running animations, but now he just sucks. (they half assed his running animaitons in Heroes and StH SOOOOOOOOoooooooo Badly...)

know what sonic REALLY needs?

Less corney Dialoge

LOTS of levels (old Sonic games felt like they could go on and on)

LOTS of replayablity, but no emblem crap (I want to play a level and say "awesome...let's go through it again, but this time, I'll explore that area and try a totally different route")

Good level design that compliments the controls (How many times must I die just because my homing attack decided not to home in? I should be running around on a much wider area! Just put invisible walls so I don't go too far off course. or something.

Huge adventure zones. I want to explore every aspect of Solenia, from the rivers to the alleys to the countryside and beyond.

Better bosses.

Those are the things I want. Screw the story. I want to run fast, and have fun doing it.

Although my second dream Sonic game would have the sidescrolling 3d elements of Klonoa 2, with a dynamic camera but side scrolling gameplay with lush 3d worlds.

The most amusing thing is, everyone will be a baby, cry and complain "lksd i wan shadow die k plz" buut.. that won't happen, doubtful. It looks as if sa2 decided to introduce characters to appeal to difference audiences. example; rouge; it was stated clearly, that rouge was added for sex appeal (..somehow in games not rated T) but thats her general reason for being in existance. Hence the bust.

Shadow was built for the audience of more mature people. seeing as sonic wasnt a serious character, shadow is. Shadows whole plot (in most games) is supposed to be serious, not cartoony like sonic. Take SA2, shadow wants to fulfill his friends wish, and almost gives his own life to do so. SHth; lots of killing, shadow trying to generally find answers. As for sonic heroes.. uh.. it failed, no one in that game was good. Tails constantly had the flu, stories blew, etc.

Then the failures came 'round the bend. ie: cream.

(stop pissing about characters, be more inclined to things like the actual story, otherwise it will suck.)

So shadow wont ever go away, cry as you all might, it just wont happen, he brings in the money, as much as rouge's boobs.

..Lol'd.

Guest Shadix

I think Rouge is awesome, especially after Sonic X really fleshed out her government position.

I don't like what's happened to her, she has lost her identity in the course of trying to maintain child appeal [most likely 4kids fault] and is having boob stiffness\shrinkage (I'm still suprised SA2 had breast physics for her).

This whole arguement is kind of hypocritical though, since SEGA was doing us a service by bringing him back. Now they are just overexploiting him.

Holy ____. The series really is in reboot if that magazine has any truth to it at all.

Professor Robotnik? As in... not doctor but professor?

Not that I think that isn't just a typo :/

EDIT: Yeah, they also still think Shadow is perma-bound to the ghetto-mobile, so their information must be out of date.

New Theory on the Iblis Trigger:

Ok, this is just a suggestion as to what the story might be:

Somewhere,Sometime (black comet maybe?) something got inside of Sonic. Over time, it started to take control of him. Meanwhile, Shadow is doing his thing when he notices a strange Sonic. Which is Sonic in Iblis's First Form perhaps? Those creatures look ALOT like Black Aliens, so its possible Black Doom could be in on this. Anyway, similar to Chaos, his power feeds on Chaos Emeralds, and Shadow is defeated. Silver is in the future, where Sonic got all the chaos emeralds, and is no longer Sonic, but Iblis (the Fire Creature). Silver cannot defeat the Iblis, so he goes back to the past to find the 'Iblis Trigger' and find Sonic. Perhaps to cure him, or maybe to destroy him. So he goes to the past and after maybe years of searching, he spots Sonic. "I've finally found it, the Iblis Trigger.". Thus he goes to stop Sonic.

Meanwhile, Eggman is raiding Soleonna. "I've come here to obtain the secret of the Flames of Disaster, and to take the miracle gems that are the key to this secret, Ah. The Chaos Emerald!"

This 'Secret' is how Sonic becomes The Iblis.

Meanwhile, Sonic goes to rescue the Princess, but is stopped by Silver.

Eggman gets a hold of the chaos emeralds, and (not sure how yet) obtains the secret. Eggman tricks Silver to capturing Sonic alive. Sonic is brought to Eggman, who gives him the chaos emerald...as the creature takes hold inside of him.

Eggman: Time to demonstrate your power.

Shadow finds the 'Iblis' Sonic (Perhaps he was warned by Silver ???) And is attacked by him. The Iblis takes Shadow's Chaos Emerald and becomes even more powerful, then returns to Eggman.

After a while, he gets all the chaos emeralds as Sonic reaches his final form...The Fire Demon you see in the trailers.

Silver: This is what i was trying to prevent...

Silver realises he is the cause of the bad future, and goes to stop it. Perhaps he is aided by Shadow, or maybe even the Past form of Sonic.

Red Sonic...stop acting all excited over a scan...good for you, you posted it first. Have a ____ing cookie. Oh and they "Like Sonic and Slver's parts." I don't go by what a preview says. I wait for a whole review, and wait until it has a rating on gameratings. Oh, and noone likes theories except the people who make them >_>

EDIT: OPM hasn't even played the game, it seems. So really all I learned from that article is Silver's motives. As if Sonic needs ANOTHER rival.

SonicProject, I think that pink is actually Red, just shiney or what have you. Try finding a picture of his soles at a different angle.

Serephim: Ermm.. yea that's great and all. But you started your post off with "He doesn't [have a chance to be badass again]." However, you only gave reasons for the old storyline. If this is a reboot and they're starting everything completely from scratch then they have a shot at redoing Shadow.

DW: YES! ::dance:: Although out-of-date-yet-still-new info is.. odd. Meh, whatever.

This is awesome. Clean slate ahoy. I haven't read the article but "Professor Robotnik" doesn't sound bad at all.. assuming the game will actually use the name "Robotnik." I guess if they want it to be a "human" world they would have to because hardly any sensible man would call himself Eggman. Going off of Red's theory, maybe there is a chance this is going to be an "involved" story. But based on that theory it's awesome. At least.. it's better than what we've had for the last two games, and being that this isn't trying to continue anything there aren't any plotholes yet. There may be some later on, but at the beginning it's nice and shiny.

Edit: God, why all tackle Red? Sure maybe the "BAM! New News!" wasn't necessary but I DID immediately click the link upon seeing the bold letters. And umm.. theories are fun to discuss just for the hell of it. I'm sure the majority of you have done it before at some point be it for a show, a book, or an upcoming movie. What's the biggie? Granted I haven't read the article yet and he may very well have pulled a chunk of it from his arse, but the point here is that there's no need to tackle him for trying to figure out what the game will be about. What else is the point of this topic about? A screen of Shadow? Joy! So we post the screens and then no one says anything because we don't know more than that Shadow isn't in a car. Then we basically don't have a topic. Yay.

Guest Shadix

Simple Scatta, we want him to quit overreacting and overanalyzing small details, but I suppose you are right. I just know it's annoying when someone is willing to start a huge rant because of a small change like "OMG NEW NEWS MY SHOE IS UNTIED. I HAVE A THEORY!"

What he is doing can't even be called a theory because there is not enough evidence supporting his claims, but rather a rant created from his overactive imagination. (Not exactly a bad thing... He just needs to learn to control his gift and he could be pretty successful.)

Serephim: Ermm.. yea that's great and all. But you started your post off with "He doesn't [have a chance to be badass again]." However, you only gave reasons for the old storyline. If this is a reboot and they're starting everything completely from scratch then they have a shot at redoing Shadow.

Oh don't start that again. Alot of people looked silly after defending Shadow before the "reboot" of Shadows image on Shadow The Hedgehog was released... just saying this to save you :| Got yo back, Scatta

DW: YES! ::dance:: Although out-of-date-yet-still-new info is.. odd. Meh, whatever.

This is awesome. Clean slate ahoy. I haven't read the article but "Professor Robotnik" doesn't sound bad at all.. assuming the game will actually use the name "Robotnik." I guess if they want it to be a "human" world they would have to because hardly any sensible man would call himself Eggman. Going off of Red's theory, maybe there is a chance this is going to be an "involved" story. But based on that theory it's awesome. At least.. it's better than what we've had for the last two games, and being that this isn't trying to continue anything there aren't any plotholes yet. There may be some later on, but at the beginning it's nice and shiny.

As much as I'd like to believe that its professor robotnik now, I'm not going to count on it.